• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Season

jayboogieman

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You care a whole lot when it's convenient to you talking trash about a certain school. 

FSU got fugged without lube.   My opinion there won’t change 

WTF you mean otherwise I have no idea

Edited by Shocker

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

FSU got fugged without lube.   My opinion there won’t change 

WTF you mean otherwise I have no idea

Honestly, they did. Also honestly, I don't care. As soon as Travis went down so did their legit chances in a 4 team playoff so I don't really care that they got snubbed. They got screwed because the NCAA decided to wait to expand to a 12 team field.

Sure you know what I mean. You throw shade at one team and one team only. No clue why a FSU fan would be so concerned with UNC.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, they did. Also honestly, I don't care. As soon as Travis went down so did their legit chances in a 4 team playoff so I don't really care that they got snubbed. They got screwed because the NCAA decided to wait to expand to a 12 team field.

Sure you know what I mean. You throw shade at one team and one team only. No clue why a FSU fan would be so concerned with UNC.

LOL…I am a Tarheel forever.  I am very confused why they would come up now.  This season was typical UNC.  I told you early in the season this team would not make any kind of playoff.  Looking at this if Carolina went undefeated they would NOT have made the playoff.  Period.  That is bullshet 

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

LOL…I am a Tarheel forever.  I am very confused why they would come up now.  This season was typical UNC.  I told you early in the season this team would not make any kind of playoff.  Looking at this if Carolina went undefeated they would NOT have made the playoff.  Period.  That is bullshet 

Sure they would have. If Carolina is undefeated Drake Maye is a Heisman finalist and they're in the playoffs. FSU missed the playoffs because their QB got hurt late in the season in a meaningless game against a schedule filler before they had time to prove that maybe they could be a playoff contender without him. That sucks, but it is what it is. If Carolina had gone undefeated and Drake Maye got hurt against Campbell and that was our last regular season game then we would've missed the playoffs too. It is what it is. It's the flaw of a 4 team field. A 12 team field largely addresses that. The NCAA never should've kicked that can down the road once they made the decision to expand. Yeah, there's still gonna be snubs. But let's be real, if you're a bubble team in a 12 team field in college football you don't stand a real chance anyway. The top handful of teams really is THAT much better than a everyone else. The 12 team field just ensures that no real contenders get left out.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure they would have. If Carolina is undefeated Drake Maye is a Heisman finalist and they're in the playoffs. FSU missed the playoffs because their QB got hurt late in the season in a meaningless game against a schedule filler before they had time to prove that maybe they could be a playoff contender without him. That sucks, but it is what it is. If Carolina had gone undefeated and Drake Maye got hurt against Campbell and that was our last regular season game then we would've missed the playoffs too. It is what it is. It's the flaw of a 4 team field. A 12 team field largely addresses that. The NCAA never should've kicked that can down the road once they made the decision to expand. Yeah, there's still gonna be snubs. But let's be real, if you're a bubble team in a 12 team field in college football you don't stand a real chance anyway. The top handful of teams really is THAT much better than a everyone else. The 12 team field just ensures that no real contenders get left out.

What about Georgia?  Are they better than Texas and Michigan and Washington?  Of course they are.  The playoff expansion had to happen.

Georgia lost 1 game by 3 pts in a championship game.  

Edited by Shocker

18 minutes ago, Shocker said:

What about Georgia?  Are they better than Texas and Michigan and Washington?  Of course they are.  The playoff expansion had to happen.

Georgia lost 1 game by 3 pts in a championship game.  

You're not getting it. FSU missed the playoffs because their QB got hurt. Period. If Travis doesn't get hurt in a schedule filler game they're in the playoffs. That sucks but it is what it is. Guess what? If Penix got hurt Washington probably isn't in the playoffs either. It is what it is. 

The problem is the 4 team field. That problem gets fixed next year. The NCAA kicking that can down the road might kill the ACC. And honestly, ya know what? I don't even care. Expansion has grossly watered down the old rivalries already. The ACC is pretty much already dead IMO. With Stanford, Cal, and SMU coming aboard it just gets dumb. You can't even honestly call it the ATLANTIC Coast Conference anymore.

Jesus. I just checked the score. #7 OSU vs. #9 Mizzou is 7-3 deep into the 4th. The bowl golden goose is dead. The advertisers and naming sponsors have to be realizing horrible ROI at this point.

You need the playoffs and a handful of bowls for the good non-P5 teams. Hell, honestly you need about 40-50 teams competing for those 12 playoffs spots and the rest of current D1 being demoted to D1-AA. Sorry Dakotas. Y'all have competition again. App State is back.

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

These bowl games obviously generate TV money; revenue for the schools and help local economies but come on…these games are terrible and nobody on earth gives a crap about Memphis vs Arkansas, UNC vs WVU etc 

and like I’ve said, getting mad at these kids who elect to not play is such a boomer, selfish mentality. 

I disagree they help the economy. Stands for 85% of the games are 25% filled. That's barely bringing anything in to the hotels and restaurants. And ratings are abysmal. Thankfully for the networks and sponsors, advertisers are dumb enough to shell out money. But yes, the schools are getting the best out of everyone.

• Beer 1

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Someone about to get SLAPPED hard.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39206250/ncaa-investigating-unauthorized-access-denies-breach

An unnamed school has been accused of hacking into a company's database to steal game footage of other schools. Said company says there was no breach. But ... we know this isn't over.

11 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Someone about to get SLAPPED hard.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39206250/ncaa-investigating-unauthorized-access-denies-breach

An unnamed school has been accused of hacking into a company's database to steal game footage of other schools. Said company says there was no breach. But ... we know this isn't over.

Sounds like some Michigan poo but I can't imagine the NCAA would let that leak with them about to play as the #1 seed in the playoffs.

15 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I disagree they help the economy. Stands for 85% of the games are 25% filled. That's barely bringing anything in to the hotels and restaurants. And ratings are abysmal. Thankfully for the networks and sponsors, advertisers are dumb enough to shell out money. But yes, the schools are getting the best out of everyone.

Just a holdover of legacy media platforms. Without network TV and boomer executives that still thinks that is the advertising avenue of note there's no way the current bowl system is viable.