• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more DWill trade posts plz

Brokenbad

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT ENOUGH THINK ITS EVER A POSSIBILITY!!!! It makes me want to puke all over my keyboard even thinking about the possibility of MAYBE trading this man. Are the Vikings thinking about trading AP after all his fumbles? NO! Are the Eagles gonna trade Jackson for a better draft position? Umm..NO! Is there any speculation that the Jets are shipping Revis elswhere for a gain? NO HELL NO!!! Why the hell would you trade one of the most valueable players in the NFL today? On top of that one that has such a good attitude, is humble, and is appreciative of all of the things that happens to him? DeAngelo Williams is a rare athelete with an even rarer attitude. Mr Williams is a GREAT role model and a face of this orginization. Trading him would be the worst move the Panthers have or ever will make.

Thank you!! Someone with some damn sense!! We got all these people on this board wanting to trade the best player on our offense and for what?? Draft Picks. Like I've been saying, It's like some of you just want a 1st round draft pick so u won't be bored on draft day. I'll problem this year was Jake Delhomme and I don't think anyone will disagree with that. So why do we trade our BEST and yes I said BEST RB on our team again???

It's pretty amusing the amount of posters on here that think RBs are hard to replace, especially considering the offensive line we have and the job Jonathan Stewart has done since being drafted.

DeAngelo Williams is hard to replace.

You could just as easily end up with another Eric Shelton.

He has one year left on his contract. If we can't extend him long term I'd rather get a huge amount of draft picks than to just have him for one season and then get nothing.

He has stated that he wants to stay a Panther, so there's no reason we couldn't get a long-term deal from him.

It's pretty amusing the amount of posters on here that think RBs are hard to replace, especially considering the offensive line we have and the job Jonathan Stewart has done since being drafted.

Have you seen what he does past the line? When most people are reminded of Barry Sanders when they watch him, it's hard to say he can be replaced.

He has stated that he wants to stay a Panther, so there's no reason we couldn't get a long-term deal from him.

I heard about this strange thing called "salary cap". Who knows though, maybe that's just an internet rumor.

But hell DWill and Stewart are nice guys. I'm sure they will forfeit tens of millions of dollars to stay here. Pfffttt... who needs money. Besides, they have to be raking in big bucks with their "Double Trouble" t-shirt sales. Can't screw that up now can we.

I heard about this strange thing called "salary cap". Who knows though, maybe that's just an internet rumor.

But hell DWill and Stewart are nice guys. I'm sure they will forfeit tens of millions of dollars to stay here. Pfffttt... who needs money. Besides, they have to be raking in big bucks with their "Double Trouble" t-shirt sales. Can't screw that up now can we.

I'm just saying DWill wouldn't be the one that left if they got rid of one. Have you seen those shirts...I wouldn't want to mess with separating them! ;)

Don't exaggerate with the tens of millions of dollars.

Also, it's not hard to get a decent running back, but it's hard to get great ones.

Ermmm so you think we will be able to keep both DWill and Stewart at or close to what they would demand on the open market? OK then... I guess we could tie up all our cap space on two RBs and just let Peppers, Thomas Davis, Kalil, Otah, Brayton and several other role players walk. And forget about signing any free agents over the vet minimum anytime soon.

Then again we could extend DWill and let Stewart walk when his contract is up. Keep the older RB with more trade value and let the younger one with less trade value walk... alrightttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyy

Similar to the same situation the Chargers were in with LT and Turner. They could have traded LT for a couple first round picks, extended Turner, turned around and drafted a RB with one of the 1st rounders.

Could have had Turner, Chris Johnson and Sproles AND an extra 1st round pick. Instead they let the younger RB walk and are stuck with an aging LT, one of the worst rushing attacks in the league, and will probably have to burn a high round pick on a RB this year.

Ermmm so you think we will be able to keep both DWill and Stewart at or close to what they would demand on the open market? OK then... I guess we could tie up all our cap space on two RBs and just let Peppers, Thomas Davis, Kalil, Otah, Brayton and several other role players walk. And forget about signing any free agents over the vet minimum anytime soon.

Then again we could extend DWill and let Stewart walk when his contract is up. Keep the older RB with more trade value and let the younger one with less trade value walk... alrightttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyy

You don't even know what the Panthers are willing to offer them, nor if they value this team over their market value.

I think they can be kept (I didn't say forver, by the way) and other key players can be signed. It all depends on what everyone wants.

I know both of them would demand huge contracts if/when they hit free agency. I'm not sure what kind of fantasy world exists where we can sign them both near their true market value and yet still keep our other key players.

Even giving one of them a big contract and letting the other walk it's going to be tough to keep guys like Thomas Davis, Beason, Otah, Kalil and other decent depth players. Unless one or both have serious career limiting injuries we're not going to be able to keep them both past their rookie contracts.

Just b/c a guy says he "wants" to stay w/ a team....doesn't mean he will stay. DeAngelo is a basically an independent contractor....and at the end of the day it is business. These guys have a VERY small window to make money in the league. No way both Williams and Stewart get contract extended.......unless one or both take MUCH less money than they realistic can get AND there is little reasoning behind them doing that regardless of how much they "like" Carolina.

Archived