• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic article on GM candidates

Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Perhaps at personnel decisions, but per insiders he's done a good job at the other parts of running the team offices and such and is very well liked throughout the building.

So given that knowledge, what would be the problem with committing him to those things, which also then leaves the next GM able to concentrate on personnel matters only?

links to insiders please and I dont give two flying fugs how well liked he is

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Mike Borgonzi from KC might be another good candidate. I have seen his name floated but he’s not a headliner like Peters and Agnew have been it seems.

He’s apparently the talent guy in KC

The article doesn't mention Borgonzi but does talk about Brandt Tilis, and it's worth noting that he interviewed with us the last time.

Mind you, the emphasis for this article is mostly on underrated candidates, the people who aren't getting talked about as much.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't say nobody wants to talk about that. Just a certain triggered few...

That people object to the idea of him staying with the team in a non-personnel role just tells me their opinions are more emotional than logical.

I mean, you still attempting to defend Scott Fitterer in Carolina is definitely more emotional than logical.  "I'm still right guys, Scott Fitterer is really good at some things!!". 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

links to insiders please and I dont give two flying fugs how well liked he is

The insider in this case would be our buddy Casillas. He has a couple of contacts that work within the organization and he's been able to get info on things before.

His bringing this up makes me think it may be a real possibility.

Just now, CRA said:

I mean, you still attempting to defend Scott Fitterer in Carolina is definitely more emotional than logical.  "I'm still right guys, Scott Fitterer is really good at some things!!". 

Lord it's just useless to talk to you 😄

As mentioned, it wasn't my idea nor my suggestion. It was a theory by Casillas regarding what might happen this offseason.

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

For the first round and then he can go away for the year.

Marty Hurney was a much better GM than Scott Fitterer.  And if you only judge them 3 years into the job....Marty Hurney was on another planet.  Marty actually even gave the illusion he was good early on.  

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

Marty Hurney was a much better GM than Scott Fitterer.  And if you only judge them 3 years into the job....Marty Hurney was on another planet.  Marty actually even gave the illusion he was good early on.  

Marty Hurney sucks.  But the saddest part is, we could literally upgrade by re-hiring him as GM and Ron Rivera as HC lmao.  How far we have fallen.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The insider in this case would be our buddy Casillas. He has a couple of contacts that work within the organization and he's been able to get info on things before.

His bringing this up makes me think it may be a real possibility.

As mentioned, it wasn't my idea nor my suggestion. It was a theory by Casillas regarding what might happen this offseason.

insert rolleyes emoji

A random poster is not a fuging insider dude, fuging christ

also you said insiders implying plural so are you just basing your opinion on an anonymous source from the huddle?  Goddamn

1 minute ago, CRA said:

You won't get an argument from me on that and damn if that doesn't show what a sad state this franchise is in.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Perhaps at personnel decisions, but per insiders he's done a good job at the other parts of running the team offices and such and is very well liked throughout the building.

So given that knowledge, what would be the problem with committing him to those things, which also then leaves the next GM able to concentrate on personnel matters only?

GIF mrw comments reactiongifs - animated GIF on GIFER

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

insert rolleyes emoji

A random poster is not a fuging insider dude, fuging christ

also you said insiders implying plural so are you just basing your opinion on an anonymous source from the huddle?  Goddamn

As mentioned, Casillas has two sources, which is two more than you do 😄

He's known other things before they happened, so I trust his information.

One thing I do kind of want to push back on that I’ve not only seen on here but in other areas of the fanbase too, is this idea that Tepper is like Jerry Jones and is forcing Fitt and co. to pick certain players.

Im not pushing back on it in defense of Tepper but more so because I think it absolves Scott and his staff of any wrong doing which I don’t think is fair because we’ve seen them on video making these picks and explaining why they’ve made some of them. Outside of MAYBE Bryce Young (and that’s a big maybe because multiple insiders have said it was unanimous across the board) I cannot point to one pick Tepper forced Scott and his staff to make. 

This is on their shoulders and that’s why I need him and the rest of the scouting staff gone. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I mean, it is pretty useless to talk to me and present an argument that Scott Fitterer should remain employed in Carolina.  I don't disagree with that.   Because it's silly, really. 

So again, what really good GM.....would want to take a job where the really bad GM remains and is retaining a bulk of what is his job? I've yet to here the argument on that.  I have heard how sweet Scott Fitterer is though. 

• Pie 2