• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently our players really like Chris Tabor and Thomas Brown

4 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

How do you not know?

I don't and I didn't make the statement. You made it and if you can't say how you know then it's meaningless. 

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Of course they like them. Most of them realize they wouldn't have a job in the NFL without either of them...

They had the jobs before them. How many were hired by Brown and Tabor?

13 hours ago, csx said:

None of these coaches can be fairly judged with the blunders made by the front office..

Thomas Brown is the guy who started the point guard QB story back in February, way before the draft when Tepper famously parroted it.

The coaching hires were an all star cast, so while I squarely think Fitterer is awful, the coaches weren’t blameless for the moves either. The whole Frank wanted Stroud stuff falls in my CYA bucket. You can’t tell me he’s a good coach and also say that he didn’t have the balls after 30-40 years in the league that he couldn’t convince two morons to go Stroud. All the talking head friends of Reich’s stepped up to help in his CYA but just like I said last year that Fitterer should be gone if he can’t make his own decision, Reich should be fired if he can’t speak up and get Stroud unless the reality is that he liked Young just as much and was fine with the pick. I have no doubts that, Tepper and Fitterer included, liked Stroud and AR too but they all were OK with Young which is a problem.

20 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Vets liked Hurney too

Of course they did. When you and your agent go into negotiations with the GM looking for $X and the GM blurts out that he won’t go higher that $2X, you’d really like him.

• Flames 1

You do have to hand it to Tabor though....he is clearly near the top of the ST coaching game right now. I also want to clean house but.....do you get rid of a coach that good? And the players like him? Tough. 

I also think Thomas Brown deserves a chance to make HIS offense and run it. Whatever garbage Reich produced isn't it. I know they worked together but you can't tell me this isn't more a Reich offense then someone who was learning under McVay. I still think he can be a good coach, I don't think the buzz was for nothing on him. I think The Carolina Panthers took a baseball bat to his knees when he walked into the Reich/Tepper train. 

I'd rather players respect coaches who know how to win and inspire them to do so.........if they get along with them fine...........if not, as along as they respect them because they know how to when that is what counts.

No use being buddies with the players when you are under .500..................

• Beer 1