• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce was allegedly yelled at by Bozeman...

4 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

Have you seen any of his press conferences? He can't string a sentence together without a bunch of um, um, ums. 

I keep seeing this, and he does do that a lot...then again, most people do. I've recorded myself preparing for speeches and I'm always stunned at the number of y'knows/kind ofs/ums that I use. It's actually embarrassing but I can't be fussed (nor have the time) to do Toastmasters. 

Bryce should do Toastmasters or something like it...but only after he get coaching from someone like Drew Brees (who Tepper should throw everything at to be his private full-time coach).

Then again, he is a generation alpha kid, so he might indeed focus on Toastmasters.

1 hour ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

The coverage of Bryce Young leading up to the draft was incredibly dishonest. No one was willing to tell the truth about his size, toughness or question his leadership leadership skills over fear of it being labeled discriminatory towards small people. It’s very hard to earn the respect of your teammates as the smallest guy in the locker room. Only a handful of mainstream guys even spoke about this stuff, Keyshawn Johnson was one of them. Meanwhile Stroud and Levis, who had all the typical traits, were portrayed as these bumbling idiots. I’ve noticed this trend in life where people’s weaknesses are made out to be strengths in the name of inclusivity. The fact that Tepper couldn’t see through this is a major red flag. 

Body diversity and inclusion is the latest thing with the professional management class and the holier-than-thou jet-set shareholders.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

Stop blaming the receivers. They've been NFL-open plenty of times. They're not responsible for Bryce's poor throwing mechanics, poor timing (stemming from his atrocious footwork), poor processing, poor arm strength, poor accuracy, and his inability to throw receivers open. 

Bryce's poor play is directly responsible for the perceived underperformance by our receivers, O-line, and in other aspects of the game. 

Bryce is the problem.

Nah, Bryce is A problem. 

I mean, that's just straight up gaslighting and lying to act like our trash WRs and scheme aren't their own issue.   OL gets a little tougher to figure out because their are just countless plays where the ball should be coming out and doesn't.  What occurs after that becomes a mixed bag. 

and you got a real bad plan if you all you offer your rookie QB...is occasionally having a WR get NFL open.  And that's all the rookie has had.  I do struggle to decide which is worse though, the WRs or the scheme/plays. 

37 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

I keep seeing this, and he does do that a lot...then again, most people do. I've recorded myself preparing for speeches and I'm always stunned at the number of y'knows/kind ofs/ums that I use. It's actually embarrassing but I can't be fussed (nor have the time) to do Toastmasters. 

Bryce should do Toastmasters or something like it...but only after he get coaching from someone like Drew Brees (who Tepper should throw everything at to be his private full-time coach).

Then again, he is a generation alpha kid, so he might indeed focus on Toastmasters.

The frequency of ums is a lot higher after losses than after (the two) wins. That's my point. When he's under some kind of duress, his speech deteriorates alarmingly. It's normal for a person's speech to deteriorate when under duress, by the way, but not to the extent that Bryce exhibits. Other QBs after a tough loss would look angry or subdued, but they could still string together terse but coherent sentences to express their disappointment and frustration. Not Bryce though, he was often on the verge of crying, with his voice trembling while he uttered endless streams of ums as if he's reading Shakespeare in Morse code. I don't know about you, but his fidgety behavior on camera and his panicky play on the field are to me a sign of his lack of mental toughness. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Recording yourself solves a lot and also taking a class such as Dale Carnegie etc would solve this issue.  Its pretty nuts the panthers pr hasnt worked with him because he sounds horrible in his pressers.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, CRA said:

Nah, Bryce is A problem. 

I mean, that's just straight up gaslighting and lying to act like our trash WRs and scheme aren't their own issue.   OL gets a little tougher to figure out because their are just countless plays where the ball should be coming out and doesn't.  What occurs after that becomes a mixed bag. 

and you got a real bad plan if you all you offer your rookie QB...is occasionally having a WR get NFL open.  And that's all the rookie has had.  I do struggle to decide which is worse though, the WRs or the scheme/plays. 

I didn't say our receivers and scheme have been great or good, but with Bryce's poor play, we'll never know either way. That's the rub, but our receivers sure as hell looked better when Dalton played in that one game, even though Dalton had had very few reps to gel with the receivers. 

Edited by BenjaminBreeg

45 minutes ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

Body diversity and inclusion is the latest thing with the professional management class and the holier-than-thou jet-set shareholders.

This is what concerns me about the current set up organizationally. I’m in consulting. I’ve seen what Tepper has done with the organization fail time and time again in the private sector. Where a new owner comes in cleans house 

• Pie 1

Just now, Selltheteamtepper said:

This is what concerns me about the current set up organizationally. I’m in consulting. I’ve seen what Tepper has done with the organization fail time and time again in the private sector. Where a new owner comes in cleans house 

And installs his idea of what the business should look like. Many times it’s this woke corporate new age bs and it fails miserably. We have to come in cut the fat and turn it into a lean meritocratic machine to fix it all. Liberalism in the private sector has been a massive failure. 

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

I didn't say our receivers and scheme have been great or good, but with Bryce's poor play, we'll never know either way. That's the rub, but our receivers sure as hell looked better when Dalton played in that one game, even though Dalton had had very few reps to gel with the receivers. 

Andy Dalton has played in the NFL for centuries....and it took the most pass attempts in his entire career for us to just have a respectful passing day in terms of yardage. It took him what, 60 pass attempts or something?    

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Andy Dalton has played in the NFL for centuries....and it took the most pass attempts in his entire career for us to just have a respectful passing day in terms of yardage. It took him what, 60 pass attempts or something?    

Dalton is certainly experienced, but it's also true that he got very few reps as a backup, so there's certainly more room to gel with his receivers. His yards per attempt was 6.2 in that game, not great or even good, but certainly not horrifying like Bryce. His YPA would certainly have been higher if his completion percentage (58.6%) had been higher, but again, he had no time to gel with his receivers. So basically our backup, who had had few reps, played far better than Bryce even though he played with the same pieces and under the same schemes. I'm as certain as it can be that Dalton would have won quite a few more games had he been allowed to start. That to me is why I say Bryce is the problem.

Edited by BenjaminBreeg
  • Flames 1