• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

season is over, are there ANY bryce believers left on this board?

1 minute ago, recceice said:

You full of poo.. If you can’t see how bad this Oline was and how badly Ickey regressed then your literary blind.. And sacks are not a Qb stats Alone who lie to you..

Bro. I'm concerned some of these posters have never played football. 

Sure a QB can hold the ball too long at times, but QBs are mostly sacked from a lineman getting beat and/or coverage. Sacks and QB hurries are attributed to offensive linemen and TEs. Though WRs and playcalling can be just as responsible as a QB holding the ball too long.

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Maybe they know in an alternate universe. All I know is that Nico Collins, Noah Brown, and Tank Dell were not household names. But hey, if they lucked out and got three studs to go along with their stud QB, Houston is going to be around for a good bit.

I’m sorry what does not being Household names have to do with them developing and proving their abilities on the field??

Just now, Navy_football said:

Sure a QB can hold the ball too long at times, but QBs are mostly sacked from a lineman getting beat and/or coverage. Sacks and QB hurries are attributed to offensive linemen and TEs. Though WRs and playcalling can be just as responsible as a QB holding the ball too long.

I honestly don’t think some ppl are watching the same game I did.. I literally saw Ickey get beat doing a 1 hand block and I guess that was a QB issue?? Lol

5 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

That might be correct for the youth, high school, and college level. In the pros you need to get rid of the ball, if it’s not there you have to throw it away or avoid the rush. 3 full seconds is an eternity. The defensive front guys are freaks and there’s no one on earth who can block some of them for 3 seconds. Tua is getting rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds.

Edited by Selltheteamtepper
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Maybe they know in an alternate universe. All I know is that Nico Collins, Noah Brown, and Tank Dell were not household names. But hey, if they lucked out and got three studs to go along with their stud QB, Houston is going to be around for a good bit.

I think they all have made big plays that can't be attributed to the QB. Don't forget the TE Schultz. He's making plays too. And their OC is from SF. He's a big contributing factor to their offensive turnaround. As is CJ Stroud. He's playing very well for a rookie.

Just now, Selltheteamtepper said:

That might be correct for the youth, high school, and college level. In the pros you need to get rid of the ball. 3 full seconds is an eternity. The defensive front guys are freaks and there’s no one on earth who can block some of them for 3 seconds. Tua is getting rid of the ball in under 2.5 seconds.

Ok. But if your first read isn't open, then you go through your progressions. If you're constantly getting to your 3rd or 4th option before a guy is open, then playcalling is failing you. Assuming you don't have a #1 that can get open at a high win rate.

I honestly don’t think some ppl are watching the same game I did.. I literally saw Ickey get beat doing a 1 hand block and I guess that was a QB issue?? Lol

I think there is no doubt the o-line has been brutal. But there has also been many times where Bryce refused to step up in to the pocket, drifting too far back in his drops or didn’t throw the ball away. This has been pointed out over and over by the commentators. So he is far from blameless here. It is a shared statistic in my opinion.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

I think they all have made big plays that can't be attributed to the QB. Don't forget the TE Schultz. He's making plays too. And their OC is from SF. He's a big contributing factor to their offensive turnaround. As is CJ Stroud. He's playing very well for a rookie.

The ball has to be delivered for them to make a big play. 

Young would suck ass in Houston as well. 

2 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Both can be true..

I loved CJ and thought he was this good.. But I can also recognize that the Texans as a team are really good and definitely had a better plan as well..

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Ok. But if your first read isn't open, then you go through your progressions. If you're constantly getting to your 3rd or 4th option before a guy is open, then playcalling is failing you. Assuming you don't have a #1 that can get open at a high win rate.

Even that .3 poo is BS.. Ppl want to throw the ball down field for deep plays.. That’s not getting the ball out in .3 seconds..

20 minutes ago, Martin said:

It feels like Bryce needs a Purdy type situation to look like anything like an average starter. All his limitations (lack of deep ball, footwork etc.) have been highlighted this year because of the crap situation he was put in. We need more than an average starter to go back to the playoffs on a regular basis, and I don’t see it in Bryce.

Carolina is easily the worst situation in the league. I think it’s an overreaction to say that he needs a Purdy type situation, arguably the best situation in the league, in order to look average. He might be awful but I don’t know how you can tell in this offense.

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The ball has to be delivered for them to make a big play. 

Young would suck ass in Houston as well. 

The players also have to catch it as well to.. Not to mention the Oline has to block for that pass to be delivered..

Both can be true..

I loved CJ and thought he was this good.. But I can also recognize that the Texans as a team are really good and definitely had a better plan as well..

I think the Panthers did too. Honestly, the wheels fell off when the entire oline became turnstiles. Hard to reach too deep into the playbook when the QB is running for his life most of the game. 

Just now, Navy_football said:

I think the Panthers did too. Honestly, the wheels fell off when the entire oline became turnstiles. Hard to reach too deep into the playbook when the QB is running for his life most of the game. 

I also blame the play calling and the surrounding weapons..

Just my opinion a lot of ppl had their hands 🙌 n this poo show..