• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking, Ian Rapoport: Fitterer Fired

4 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Yep.

There's 3 guys representing any semblance of a "core" on contract next season:

Derrick Brown, Vonn Bell, & Taylor Moton

But we may be in a good position to send Moton to a better place.  By the time this can be built, he'll be on his 3rd contract, so might as well position ourselves in a better spot with youth and send him to a contender.

Luvu is the only guy worth re-signing.  Maybe Franklin as ST captain.  

We're likely stuck with Tuttle, Bozeman, & maybe Woods another year. 

Mingo and Icky will be here unless the new HC really isn't liking them.

Bryce will of course be here...  

That's really it. 

This is as bare bones as you'll see an NFL roster.  

Mingo probably has a longer shelf life than Mekhi... I mean Ikey.. my bad.  I envision a position change for him to start.. Then after that a flatout replacement.  New GM doesn't have to answer for past GMs mistakes, he's already scapegoated.

17 hours ago, csx said:

I get the point but who are the multiple HOF players traded?

CMC and DJ Moore I guess

If McCaffrey has similar production for like the next 5-6 years then yeah he's probably in.  He's going to blow past 5k receiving yards easily and with four more thousand yard rushing seasons he's in the 10k/5k club.  His career numbers might end up looking like Marshall Faulk.

DJ Moore is showing that he's a true number one but when he's up for the Hall his contemporaries are going to be the likes of Tyreek Hill, Ja'marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, etc. who were in more consistent QB situations earlier than he was.

2 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

CMC and DJ Moore I guess

If McCaffrey has similar production for like the next 5-6 years then yeah he's probably in.  He's going to blow past 5k receiving yards easily and with four more thousand yard rushing seasons he's in the 10k/5k club.  His career numbers might end up looking like Marshall Faulk.

DJ Moore is showing that he's a true number one but when he's up for the Hall his contemporaries are going to be the likes of Tyreek Hill, Ja'marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, etc. who were in more consistent QB situations earlier than he was.

Also depends on who is selected with the draft picks we gave up and how their career path goes. 

6 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

CMC and DJ Moore I guess

DJ is only 26 years old and already has 6,500 yards and 29 TDs. At this rate he's gonna be at 10,000 in three years, and he could go way higher.