• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Meanwhile the Eagles, who just a few years ago fired the first coach ever to win a Super Bowl for them, are now potentially set to fire the one who coached them to a Super Bowl appearance just last season.

Halaby played a role in the prior dysfunction. Is he also part of the current issues?

Yeah, I sure would hate for our organization to be like the Philadelphia Eagles.

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

Yeah, I sure would hate for our organization to be like the Philadelphia Eagles.

Didn't read the article, did you?

Behind the scenes, yeah you would.

They've had some success of late, but they turned around and fired one of the guys who led them to it and now they're set to fire another.

Not exactly what I'd call a model organization.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They've had some success of late, but they turned around and fired one of the guys who led them to it and now they're set to fire another.

"Some" 

But you are right.  I wouldn't want our organization to be like Philly's.  We should pass on Halaby to make sure that doesn't happen.

Edited by Mage

9 minutes ago, Mage said:

"Some" 

But you are right.  I wouldn't want our organization to be like Philly's.  We should pass on Halaby to make sure that doesn't happen.

You didn't read the stuff reported about Halaby, did you?

Edited by Mr. Scot

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You didn't read the stuff reported about Halaby, did you?

Why are you assuming I didn't?

This organization has been hiring "football" people for how long now?  And what has it gotten us?  3 winning seasons since 2010?  

So maybe the Panthers should switch it up and try someone different.  I'm willing to take the risk on Halaby's supposed issues considering he's coming from what has been one of the best and most talented teams in the NFL since 2017.  At the end of the day nobody knows how these guys will actually turn out. 

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

Why are you assuming I didn't?

This organization has been hiring "football" people for how long now?  And what has it gotten us?  3 winning seasons since 2010?  

So maybe the Panthers should switch it up and try someone different.  I'm willing to take the risk on Halaby's supposed issues considering he's coming from what has been one of the best and most talented teams in the NFL since 2017.  At the end of the day nobody knows how these guys will actually turn out. 

Well, history tells me you'd probably be okay with us hiring somebody who'd run the organization completely into the toilet as long as it was somebody I disliked.

I seem to play a large role in your football decision making...specifically that you pretty much always want the opposite of whatever I do because... reasons 😄

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, history tells me you'd probably be okay with us hiring somebody who'd run the organization completely into the toilet as long as it was somebody I disliked.

I seem to play a large role in your football decision making...specifically that you pretty much always want the opposite of whatever I do because... reasons 😄

Lol this is actually funny.  I've agreed with you plenty of times... but sure.  If that is what you want to believe. That the reason I want Halaby is because it would make you mad, not because he comes from one of the best front offices in drafting and signing talent in the NFL.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

Lol this is actually funny.  I've agreed with you plenty of times... but sure.  If that is what you want to believe. That the reason I want Halaby is because it would make you mad, not because he comes from one of the best front offices in drafting and signing talent in the NFL.

So does Brandon Hunt, but without all the bullsh-t attached as well as a history of success with a more stable organization.

Likewise, a guy like Mike Borgonzi has a longtime record of great personnel management, but we're interviewing Brandt Tilis rather than him because analytics.

Same story in Detroit, where you've got a guy like Ray Agnew who was also successful with the Rams, but we're ignoring him in favor of another analytics guy, Mike Disner.

I know some folks have tried to use the logic that a seasoned personnel guy didn't work for us the last time, so maybe we should try analytics. That logic is kind of like saying your prior dentist made a mistake with your teeth so in the future you'll get all dental advice from your optometrist.

This isn't because we're looking at an angle that's proven successful anywhere else. It's because David Tepper wants somebody who thinks like he does.

And heck, since the last GM was willing to go to the owner and undermine the head coach, why not also hire somebody who's already taken part in an operation like that somewhere else?

But hey, he worked for the Eagles so it's all good. Hiring from a successful organization is always a great idea.

Take the Seahawks, for example... 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I know some folks have tried to use the logic that a seasoned personnel guy didn't work for us the last time, so maybe we should try analytics. That logic is kind of like saying your prior dentist made a mistake with your teeth so in the future you'll get all dental advice from your optometrist.

That is a great comparison.