• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL's top plays from Bryce Young in 2023

Icege

Surprised they didn’t have to include some Alabama plays to even make a highlight reel. I think there were maybe 2-3 plays the entire season that I thought were better than what you’d see on average day from an average QB.

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, hepcat said:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/jake-browning-s-top-plays-2023-season

If you really wanna be depressed, compare the “top plays” from the Bengals undrafted backup QB. I can’t say Bryce is better in any way than Jake Browning.

I don't know...

I see a lot of plays by Tee and Chase that carolina receivers just don't make. Just an observation. But his running was fun to watch while it lasted!

• Pie 2

It's just crazy to me that between the combine, private workouts, and college tape, that THIS was the guy to choose over Stroud. The blunder of the decade right here. You cannot tell me our scouts (that get paid millions) came back with all that research and concluded this was THE guy. I just don't believe they were that incompetent. This was a Tepper move 100%.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

It's just crazy to me that between the combine, private workouts, and college tape, that THIS was the guy to choose over Stroud. The blunder of the decade right here. You cannot tell me our scouts (that get paid millions) came back with all that research and concluded this was THE guy. I just don't believe they were that incompetent. This was a Tepper move 100%.

I think it was a combination of him being at Alabama, winning the Heisman, and sheep mentality. He had all these same flaws at Alabama, its just they have a overwhelming talent advantage most of the time. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, carolinanimal said:

I think it was a combination of him being at Alabama, winning the Heisman, and sheep mentality. He had all these same flaws at Alabama, its just they have a overwhelming talent advantage most of the time. 

I did not like what I saw from Bryce vs LSU or Texas. The BIGGEST red flag I saw in those games was he could not handle interior pressure. I was worried because that happens all the time in the NFL. He's just too short to see down the middle of the field when there's pressure up the middle, which is a death sentence for a QB. And he's not as mobile as Russell Wilson was, so he has no hope. Kyler Murray has shown WAY more in both college AND the NFL, and even he isn't a franchise QB. We done fugged up.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Castavar said:

I did not like what I saw from Bryce vs LSU or Texas. The BIGGEST red flag I saw in those games was he could not handle interior pressure. I was worried because that happens all the time in the NFL. He's just too short to see down the middle of the field when there's pressure up the middle, which is a death sentence for a QB. And he's not as mobile as Russell Wilson was, so he has no hope. Kyler Murray has shown WAY more in both college AND the NFL, and even he isn't a franchise QB. We done fugged up.

100%. The Texas game showed how Bryce handles the level of pressure he’d face in the NFL. He looks exactly the same every game in the pros as he did in that Texas game. I was saying this long before the Panthers drafted him. 

Meanwhile, all Stroud did was deliver an almost flawless performance all season, and stepped up in the biggest game of his career against a tough Georgia defense. You want a player who plays the best in the biggest moments. 

We don’t know what conversations really happened behind the scenes. But I don’t believe the Panthers PR release that entire organization was behind drafting Bryce Young. I had a feeling that if Bryce (expectedly) looked like sh*t, there would be coaches fired. And lo and behind, the most likely Bryce detractors were fired mid season.

I think Frank Reich was doomed the moment they selected Young. He probably didn’t want him and was too old and stubborn to change his scheme to make an offense to hide Bryce’s many limitations and flaws. 

But back to the original point, all of Bryce’s issues were right there on his game tape, but David Tepper and his wife didn’t seem to notice or care. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

Maybe it's something in the water in Charlotte. I mean ... Kobe Bryant trade, drafting Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison, Armanti Edwards, etc. Something ain't right in that city.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, hepcat said:

100%. The Texas game showed how Bryce handles the level of pressure he’d face in the NFL. He looks exactly the same every game in the pros as he did in that Texas game. I was saying this long before the Panthers drafted him. 

Meanwhile, all Stroud did was deliver an almost flawless performance all season, and stepped up in the biggest game of his career against a tough Georgia defense. You want a player who plays the best in the biggest moments. 

We don’t know what conversations really happened behind the scenes. But I don’t believe the Panthers PR release that entire organization was behind drafting Bryce Young. I had a feeling that if Bryce (expectedly) looked like sh*t, there would be coaches fired. And lo and behind, the most likely Bryce detractors were fired mid season.

I think Frank Reich was doomed the moment they selected Young. He probably didn’t want him and was too old and stubborn to change his scheme to make an offense to hide Bryce’s many limitations and flaws. 

But back to the original point, all of Bryce’s issues were right there on his game tape, but David Tepper and his wife didn’t seem to notice or care. 

The question they should have asked is what does he do at an elite #1 pick level?