• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter reports Panthers targeting Brandt Tillis

7 hours ago, Martin said:

Agree. If people are complaining over this they are just complaining for the sake of complaining. Tepper has essentially done everything one could ask for this offseason. You can disagree with the choice of GM and HC, but from a selection process and restructuring of the org, he has been spot on.

I would have been upset had we put a non-personnel guy in charge of the roster. We flirted with that idea, but ultimately didn't do it.

That doesn't guarantee Morgan was the right choice, of course, but at least he has the right background for the job.

(so did Fitterer) 😕

1 hour ago, t96 said:

happy to snag anybody from the Chiefs org. I know it's FO so a little different but Reid has an incredible tree of people from his organizations doing well elsewhere.

Reid is a damn good coach and mentor to his assistants.  His fingerprints were all over the Chiefs run to the SB on the offensive side of the ball, especially against Buffalo and Baltimore.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Martin said:

Based on what they did with Tyrek, it will be very interesting to see what happens with Burns. I would bet they won’t overpay him. It will be the first test of the new regime. If we’re building, I’d assume we will try to trade him for assets/draft picks, which is what I’d prefer as well. Sign Brown and Luvu, trade Burns.

I mean obviously we have to tag him regardless. Even if we only get lowball offers and end up having to take one we can't let him go and get nothing at all in return.

I think rather than looking for premium draft pick compensation for Burns a more realistic scenario might be trading him for a player + a mid-round pick to a team that needs help at pass rusher.

Burns to Seattle for D.K. Metcalf + a 3rd or something of that sort.

• Pie 2