• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Evero

Martin

6 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

He's a top rated DC and future HC.

Allows Canales to focus on offense and a easier transition.

We get 2 third round picks if he becomes a HC next year.

He's highly professional so he will fit in.

Defense doesn't have to start over again.

defense would be starting over after one year in this scenario. 

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

Yes but with 2 3rd round picks.

Or you do it this year and have no picks.

I'd probably favor consistency and building in a direction over 2 picks at the very end of round 3. 

but granted, you actually would have to hire another good DC.  So I guess, then I would have to lean toward a proven old head in that spot. 

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

defense would be starting over after one year in this scenario. 

Understood.  Worth it.

Give Canales a big break as a first time HC and actually gives us some stability.  Defense is currently a ship that doesn't need to be righted.  Mostly needs to get healthy. 

With all the other crap we are trying to recover from I think it's a huuuge boost to have Evero running everything defense.  Allows us to eat the elephant is much smaller bites.

And there is always the chance he ends up resigning. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

Understood.  Worth it.

Give Canales a big break as a first time HC and actually gives us some stability.  Defense is currently a ship that doesn't need to be righted.  Mostly needs to get healthy. 

With all the other crap we are trying to recover from I think it's a huuuge boost to have Evero running everything defense.  Allows us to eat the elephant is much smaller bites.

And there is always the chance he ends up resigning. 

but culture our sure does.  BOA sure does.   I pretty much always lobby for a clean slate when things reach a certain level of awful.    We hit that in 2023.  So I don't mind if in end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater in those scenarios.  

I mean, I buy into the Game of Thrones reporting and poo culture.  And I don't buy that was just Tabor and Thomas Brown as some like to suggest.   Not implying it was Ejiro.  But I suspect those folks will still be around if there isn't a cleaned house from the Frank era. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

but culture our sure does.  BOA sure does.   I pretty much always lobby for a clean slate when things reach a certain level of awful.    We hit that in 2023.  So I don't mind if end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater in those scenarios.  

I mean, I buy into the Game of Thrones reporting and poo culture.  And I don't buy that was just Tabor and Thomas Brown as some like to suggest.   

I can't definitely see your points and this isn't a hill I'd put a huge fight up against. 

Last year I don't remember hearing much of anything negative about the defense except for a lot of injuries and of course the Burns drama but that type of drama is par for the course.  I think the defensive culture is pretty good.  Those guys were playing tough as hell the last few games right to the very end.

As bad as it got on the other side of the ball I think that says a lot about Evero and the culture he's pushing.  It's highly possible, maybe even probably, he gets the HC job in Seattle so all of this could be a moot point by next week.

There is no such thing as a clean slate.  I'm more of a cut out the cancerous parts and I don't like throwing out babies.

2 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

I can't definitely see your points and this isn't a hill I'd put a huge fight up against. 

Last year I don't remember hearing much of anything negative about the defense except for a lot of injuries and of course the Burns drama but that type of drama is par for the course.  I think the defensive culture is pretty good.  Those guys were playing tough as hell the last few games right to the very end.

As bad as it got on the other side of the ball I think that says a lot about Evero and the culture he's pushing.  It's highly possible, maybe even probably, he gets the HC job in Seattle so all of this could be a moot point by next week.

There is no such thing as a clean slate.  I'm more of a cut out the cancerous parts and I don't like throwing out babies.

as fan, we are just blindly guessing where the cancer is and isn't.  That's why I like the clean slate.  Because you take it all out. 

wouldn't be hard to imagine defensive people going to Tepper tired of the bullpoo that was being put on them by the offense. 

I think it is likely Tabor was a bad actor in Game of Thrones.  I don't think a single other person fired makes much sense as one of Tepper's minions.  So that means more are still here. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

as fan, we are just blindly guessing where the cancer is and isn't.  That's why I like the clean slate.  Because you take it all out.

We don't but I think Morgan does and if there is one thing I like about Dan, it's the culture I think he'll build as the man in charge.  Ex-Panther great, played the game, tough as hell, been around the block with different teams.

But I won't cry over a clean slate either.  There are advantages to that as well but it would all depend on who we get.  I like what we have enough not to trade it for the mystery prize.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Yeah, this is going to my axe to grind until it doesn’t exist.  Jim Caldwell needs to go.   There is no logical way you can be hired to oversee the 2023 O….and somehow have your standing improve here.   Which he has happened with him.  That math ain’t mathing.  

he makes a great point about loyalty about it has to run to the next HC or at worst Morgan.   New blood needed.  Everyone in house can’t have a longer relationship with Tepper than the new HC,  Get Jim Caldwell out of there.  He was brought in to help Tepper with hires after that abomination of an O and disaster season.   He makes no sense retaining next season.  He is a direct channel to Tepper based on them nonsensically having him help “fix” this in the interviewing 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, this is going to my axe to grind until it doesn’t exist.  Jim Caldwell needs to go.   There is no logical way you can be hired to oversee the 2023 O….and somehow have your standing improve here.   Which he has happened with him.  That math ain’t mathing.  

Caldwell wasn't brought in to oversee the 2023 O - that was always going to be Reich and Brown as his understudy.  I never heard that Caldwell had a hand in any offensive game planning.

My impression was Caldwell was brought in to work with Brown and the offensive assistants and Reich, very much like Capers did with Evero and the defense. 

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Caldwell wasn't brought in to oversee the 2023 O - that was always going to be Reich and Brown as his understudy.  I never heard that Caldwell had a hand in any offensive game planning.

My impression was Caldwell was brought in to work with Brown and the offensive assistants and Reich, very much like Capers did with Evero and the defense. 

And how did that O pan out….with the Caldwell help?  We aren’t really saying anything that different.  

and at the end….everyone on O is gone and Caldwell’s status improved with Tepper. Again, the math ain’t mathing.  Why would you want our new HC to have Caldwell forced on his staff given what occured and where he presently stands with Tepper?

you call Brown an understudy.  Some claim he installed the O, wrote the playbook on his own.  Everything about that O should be burned to the ground.  Jim is part of it.  I don’t care to guess which parts.  That’s the point. 

if the new HC wants an old HC? Cool.  Let him go pick. 

11 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Pretty much.  He was more of a mentor to Frank, per his own words. How did that work out Frank?