• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Pyotr is unhinged, as they say, and as unconventional a goalie as there may be in the league.

Martin, on the other hand, may be the best goalie on the roster tight now.

Maybe. I can see you point. Martin is at his ceiling but has a low floor. Koochie on the other and can have a bad game, but his ceiling is all world star level.  Since December when we starting playing well, it’s all come from Koochie solidifying the net. With two major shutouts including 1 against the Florida with 44 saves, it’s his net the rest of the year. No ifs ands or buts. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

Canadian teams generally have to offer more than American teams due to taxes to offer a fair market value. An EP contract on the Canes would look (slightly) less expensive imo. 

All this to say, it isn’t happening, but I’d be all for it. 

8x11.6 for EP’s new contract. That’s pretty good. 

• Beer 1

35 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

How would everyone feel if the Canes acquired Guentzel but the cost was Ponomarev and a first round pick?

Do it. If it nets a cup. Heartbeat. That is true goal scorer that is only 29. The cane won’t offer him 7 years but maybe he does 4. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Do it. If it nets a cup. Heartbeat. That is true goal scorer that is only 29. The cane won’t offer him 7 years but maybe he does 4. 

I agree, I hate giving up a good prospect like that but if it gets us a goal scorer and Guentzel extends then it’s definitely worth it.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

45 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

How would everyone feel if the Canes acquired Guentzel but the cost was Ponomarev and a first round pick?

Yeah, you do that deal if Guentzel would sign an extension. He's going to want to break the bank though. 

12 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

What about Drury and a 1st or necas and a 1st but keep Pono?

I’d probably do Drury and 1st assuming we could grab someone like Henrique from Anaheim.

Svechnikov - Aho - Teravainen

Guentzel - Henrique - Necas

Martinook - Staal - Jarvis

Bunting - Kotkaniemi - Noesen

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

What about Drury and a 1st or necas and a 1st but keep Pono?

Drury with 8G, 18A, 26P in 61 games- would do.

Necas with 19G, 24A, 43P in 56 games and arguably our best skater- hell to the no.

• Pie 2