• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some of you guys want a younger vet QB, so the Steelers decided to help you out

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Watson just wasn't viewed as an elite guy. He got the "successful system college guy" rap.

But Trubisky wasn't a system guy? I'm not disagreeing that these were opinions at the time, I just didn't and don't understand them.

6 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

But Trubisky wasn't a system guy? I'm not disagreeing that these were opinions at the time, I just didn't and don't understand them.

In college only bad teams can have good qbs. In the NFL it's the opposite  🤔 

Edited by csx
  • Beer 1

We're not an attractive destination for a "younger vet".  Those guys typically want a chance to play, to show that they can be "the guy".  If you're on the outside looking in at the Panthers situation, it's not a place you want to go.

1.  They have a young, first round QB.  They clearly want to give that guy every opportunity to be "the guy".

2.  Young vets who come to Carolina inevitably fail.  Bridgewater and Darnold most recently.

3.  You've got a first year HC and staff who have not done their new jobs before.

We'll be lucky to have a guy like Dalton back, assuming he doesn't retire.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

Well, I used to have a saying about the NBA draft process(in the 90's-eaely 2000's). At  year one everyone sees potential and they ignore the flaws. The longer you stick around they see more flaws than potential. 

On 2/12/2024 at 8:02 PM, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'd rather have Jimmy Pickles than Mitch Trubisky. At least Pickles would guarantee the 1st overall. He's done it before. He could do it again. Trubisky would end up having 1 good game and fugging up the whole program. 

just staying at 9 would have gotten us that.