• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's not go too crazy with OL upgrades

MHS831

2 hours ago, Martin said:

They should extend him, he’s still playing at a very high level and can fir many years.

alright after looking at his spotrac details and considering his age and since we are def not winning next season, the best way to approach TM is to simply let him play out his existing contract this season and bite the bullet on the 29 million.    The dead cap goes to 12 in 25 so thats reasonable.  He is just getting too expensive for this franchise to plan on especially at his age.  He probably would want an ext but it wouldnt be wise for us to do that.   Restructuring his deal just kicks the can down the road and at some point we are going to need cap room to fill out the roster but it shouldnt be this year

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

alright after looking at his spotrac details and considering his age and since we are def not winning next season, the best way to approach TM is to simply let him play out his existing contract this season and bite the bullet on the 29 million.    The dead cap goes to 12 in 25 so thats reasonable.  He is just getting too expensive for this franchise to plan on especially at his age.  He probably would want an ext but it wouldnt be wise for us to do that.   Restructuring his deal just kicks the can down the road and at some point we are going to need cap room to fill out the roster but it shouldnt be this year

This^^^

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Verge said:

We need three new quality players in the interior. You cannot have a season wrecked by an injury. 

But we are getting two back from injury--so do you suggest replacing them or providing depth behind them?  If I isolate on the OL, I totally agree.  But when I step back and start examining needs, Yikes.  Hard to focus 3 players on three positions.  Your point is valid--I just do not see us being able to do all we need to do without a first and with so many other needs.  So my thread is not ideal, it is just a perspective on realistically spreading our resources out.  I think we need help at CB, TE, IOL, WR, WR, LB, Edge, etc. 

To your point, if injuries hit the inner OL again, we lose the season and never develop Bryce, so it throws us back to a total rebuild.  And I believe in the inside out, front to back model of building a team.  I wish there were easy answers.  Hope you are well, Verge.  Glad to see your input--would like to see more.