• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What the hell is going on with the panthers?

jbland

I am in shock right now. I think back to 08 and how good we were and now it looks like in many places we are in rebuilding mode.

I know many of you will tell me to shut up we have double trouble, great LB'ers and a great O'line but we have no D line, we have above average corners, and above average safety's.

We dont have a first round pick, and we are stupid if we trade into the first again for the third year in a row. Does anyone else feel like 2010 season is going to be a throw away year?

I just have no excitement about what direction the panthers are going. Are we in rebuilding mode now? Has the window for the playoffs closed for the next couple of years or am I just over reacting due to the fact there are a lot of leaders gone?

I am in shock right now. I think back to 08 and how good we were and now it looks like in many places we are in rebuilding mode.

I know many of you will tell me to shut up we have double trouble, great LB'ers and a great O'line but we have no D line, we have above average corners, and above average safety's.

We dont have a first round pick, and we are stupid if we trade into the first again for the third year in a row. Does anyone else feel like 2010 season is going to be a throw away year?

I just have no excitement about what direction the panthers are going. Are we in rebuilding mode now? Has the window for the playoffs closed for the next couple of years or am I just over reacting due to the fact there are a lot of leaders gone?

we didn't trade into the first we traded into the 2nd.

My crazy idea is that we are preparing to trade Fox to somebody for draft picks and sign The Chin. I'm too scared to make a topic about it because of the craziness of it.

So if the FO actually knows what they're doing, and knows something we dont, sees thing we dont, we could have the makings of a beastly, come out of nowhere year. Or all the younguns fail and we start 2012 with a little more high hopes...

The only mistake we are making on the d-line right now is that it looks like Brayton is gone. Otherwise Leonard>Kemo and Tyler will probably>Lewis. Ed Johnson will help give us a pass rush as will Irvin. My biggest concern right now is not the talent, it's how much an effect Peppers had in teams of game planning for terms and will have now that he is gone.

E. Brown will have to prove himself but I'm not really concerned about DT so much at this point.

we didn't trade into the first we traded into the 2nd.

My crazy idea is that we are preparing to trade Fox to somebody for draft picks and sign The Chin. I'm too scared to make a topic about it because of the craziness of it.

You are correct, but I was eluding to the fact we keep trading away future first rounders.

I wouldn't be too worried or call this a throw away season. I believe our FO knows we have a good group of core young players and out top priority is to pay them and keep them together.

Hopefully Moore having more time with the offense will give the offense the improvement it needs to counter our losses on defense. I think our D-line will be serviceable. Our Secondary worries me if we lose Marshall to a late 2nd round pick.

Minus not having Jake as a back-up... I like the direction were headed.

olololol things are fineeeeeee. we only lost like the whole D-line minus the youngin's, so what, who needs a pass rush in the NFL??? *looks at the bears in 2009* yikes! we are dooommmmmeeeddd, jk, some1 will sign on i bet, we are just 1 good defensive lineman and a WR from greatness.

I have much more hope this year than last

I only say this because we made really ZERO changes from 2008 to 2009. We returned 21 of 22 starters. Hmmmm.... the team should have made this type of cleansing in 2009 and not been content with 21 of 22 starters returning. Returning those guys didn't mean poo because you didn't get to the SB. It's great if all you want to do is play good during the season and stink it up in the playoffs.

olololol things are fineeeeeee. we only lost like the whole D-line minus the youngin's, so what, who needs a pass rush in the NFL??? *looks at the bears in 2009* yikes! we are dooommmmmeeeddd, jk, some1 will sign on i bet, we are just 1 good defensive lineman and a WR from greatness.

Really????:confused:

We have no pash rush.. none.. zero. Without a good line our best players - our LBs - are toast, especially in Meek's scheme..We have an unproven QB with nearly the same mentality as the outgoing QB had... We have one WR.. we stand a good chance of losing one of our starting CBs.. we chose not to resign one of our best ST players.. we don't have a KR/PR.. we still have the same coaching staff as we did last year..

We have nowhere to go but up.

Archived