• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs sabers 6pm

8 minutes ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

I think Jarvis is being groomed for that 2C spot personally. Young man will have an A on his shoulder before too long. 

He’s being groomed for 3C(maybe at the 2C on the chart officially) but he’s going to be taking Staal’s spot).

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I know it’ll never happen but I’d like to see Necas at center so we can truly ice what I believe would be our best group.

Svechnikov - Aho - Teravainen

Bunting - Necas - Jarvis

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Kotkaniemi - Drury - Noesen

Why Necas at center? Faceoffs… 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

He’s being groomed for 3C(maybe at the 2C on the chart officially) but he’s going to be taking Staal’s spot).

We will see, think I’d rather see a fully developed Jarvis as 2C as opposed to KK. Think KK is the prototypical Staal replacement, if there is one on the roster. Jarvis has taken a big step this year; taking FOs, winning board battles, on the PP and PK, etc. Rod trusts him. But according to Rod, there is no 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th line lol. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Why Necas at center? Faceoffs… 

More of just trying to load up the top six.

You could always put Jarvis there and Necas on the wing but I’m just trying to get as much skill as possible in the top six.

In reality: Martinook, Staal, Fast, Kotkaniemi, Drury, and Noesen are all third line players so rearrange them however you want but I do think having Drury and Fast on the first and second lines is hurting some of our offensive production. If you replace those two with more skilled players then I think the offense will perform a little better.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

More of just trying to load up the top six.

You could always put Jarvis there and Necas on the wing but I’m just trying to get as much skill as possible in the top six.

In reality: Martinook, Staal, Fast, Kotkaniemi, Drury, and Noesen are all third line players so rearrange them however you want but I do think having Drury and Fast on the first and second lines is hurting some of our offensive production. If you replace those two with more skilled players then I think the offense will perform a little better.

Ya I agree on production fast helps with defense and forecheck on what ever line he’s on but moving him to 1 is eh. I’d rather bunts, or TT on 1. Honestly I think bunts. Move TT to 2 for now. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya I agree on production fast helps with defense and forecheck on what ever line he’s on but moving him to 1 is eh. I’d rather bunts, or TT on 1. Honestly I think bunts. Move TT to 2 for now. 

Problem with Fast on one is when Svech isn’t going those two (Fast and Svech) are redundant outside of Svech’s physical presence. When Svech goes through lulls he really goes through them. So while he’s trying to snap out of it we need another scoring option and Fast is more of a glue guy than a scoring threat.

I’d like to load up the top six and give both lines three guys that can score.

The bottom two lines can be the forechecking lines that wear down the opposing team and pot the occasional goal every couple of games.

Originally I wanted to spread out the offense but I don’t think it’s working. We simply need more skill up top. Not to mention, our offensive-defensemen should be able to help the bottom two lines generate some offense as well.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I think Noesen is wasted with Drury and KK. The only true net-front pest on the roster, all of his goals come from inside 6 feet. But it seems like he's not scored at all since dropping him to the 4th line.

Our 4th line is ugh. 2 pass firsters(KK is a shooter but doesn’t shoot anymore for what ever fugging reason) and a net fronter…

Rod’s gotta do something with our lines. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1