• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As of yesterday, Panthers currently 4th cheapest team in NFC...

that's actually a very good number considering how much talent we have. surprised it's that low, even with all the cuts lately.

Agreed. Considering we have Davis, Beason, J-Stew and D-Will, Smitty, Gamble, Otah and Kalil and Gross, etc etc all under contract...that's impressive. If any of those guys were to hit free agency they'd land massive contracts. The Panthers do well at giving enough without going insane (let's just NOT remember the whole Jake contract though....)

that's some good company we keep. 3 out of 4 losing teams.

We are only that low because of the contracts we dumped. We have many roster spots to fill...and our number will go up.

The other teams have been that low for several years....thus why they suck.

We are positioned to be able to retain our young starts....while being ready for next year's FA class (which should be very, very good). All of those 4 yr FA's that becasue RFA this year will hit the market next year.

I would rather not over pay this year and win the lottery next year....even if it means a mediocre 2010 season.

that's actually a very good number considering how much talent we have. surprised it's that low, even with all the cuts lately.

agreed. plus, it's still early. there will be money spent on a lot of 1-2 year deals to fill up the roster.

i'd be very surprised if we didn't have the full 80 roster spots going into TC. there is a lot of room to bring in some good value still.

that's some good company we keep. 3 out of 4 losing teams.

Well that is one way to look at it. OR you could be happy we have a team with decent pieces while teams like the LIONS 106, Broncos 105 and Browns have few young pieces to be real proud of. OR teams like the Redskins and Raiders who overpay for mediocre talent. Whatever some say cheap i say smart business.

Archived