• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Fixing the Panthers

Remember when people here said Dj Moore wasn’t a true #1 receiver… yeah it’s the same people saying Brian Burns isn’t a #1 edge. If he leaves this team for nothing we’re gonna once again look like a bunch of idiots across the league. 

2 minutes ago, shaq said:

Remember when people here said Dj Moore wasn’t a true #1 receiver… yeah it’s the same people saying Brian Burns isn’t a #1 edge. If he leaves this team for nothing we’re gonna once again look like a bunch of idiots across the league. 

whats your solution?

3 minutes ago, shaq said:

You forgot CMC as well. They said he was injury prone and traded him away. He goes on to be a MVP candidate.

What will these people say when we have no stars left. Are we now gonna blame Luvu?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You forgot CMC as well. They said he was injury prone and traded him away. He goes on to be a MVP candidate.

What will these people say when we have no stars left. Are we now gonna blame Luvu?

whats your solution for keeping burns?

People maybe don't realize if we lose Burns we're down to DJ Johnson and Barno lol. Isn't YGM even a FA? If we lose Burns it's basically a rebuild wasting away our QB's rookie window. The offense sounds like it's not gonna be designed to come back from a point deficit

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd rather let Burns slam than pay him $30M per but with the bump in cap I'd tag and trade him.

Best hope..tag 21M....let him rot on a shtyy team which is his worst nightmare...he wants to play games...so.  We're not going anywhere in 2 years...

Edited by Johnstonny
  • Beer 1

I'm sure the Rams are happy we didn't agree to their trade offer. They took Byron Young in the 3rd and he outproduced Burns as a rookie.

It's not impossible to find good OLBs. Its one of the benefits of going 3-4. 

• Beer 1

Props for mentioning ISM!!! 

I'd actually like to have Shenault and ISM on our roster just for the creativity we'd get from Canales. 

Shenault for the screens especially. 

ISM for the return ability..but also AGAIN I'll say he has the most upside of any receiver on our roster currently. 

I just dunno if you resign what in essence are two gadget players with potential. 

Side note: Iirc right before I saw that PFF video I could have swore either Canales or Morgan said that Chubba is going into this season as the #1 rb w/ Sanders behind him. Guess we're resigning Chubba (which I like as I feel he hasn't peaked yet)

Side Note 2: Did bro on the right say alot of people like Zavala despite his mid 20 pff score...lol 

2 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Props for mentioning ISM!!! 

I'd actually like to have Shenault and ISM on our roster just for the creativity we'd get from Canales. 

Shenault for the screens especially. 

ISM for the return ability..but also AGAIN I'll say he has the most upside of any receiver on our roster currently. 

I just dunno if you resign what in essence are two gadget players with potential. 

Side note: Iirc right before I saw that PFF video I could have swore either Canales or Morgan said that Chubba is going into this season as the #1 rb w/ Sanders behind him. Guess we're resigning Chubba (which I like as I feel he hasn't peaked yet)

Side Note 2: Did bro on the right say alot of people like Zavala despite his mid 20 pff score...lol 

Chubba is under contract. No need to re sign him.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, csx said:

Chubba is under contract. No need to re sign him.

Chubba is still under contract? I thought this was his last year last season. Gladly mistaken. You can tell he's not a "take half the plays off" type of player. Even down to blocking. 

And after watching that Mic'd up segment, it wouldn't surprise me if he eventually became a captain. He just needs to keep working on his hands. 

1 hour ago, shaq said:

We have so little talent on this team, and have drafted horribly in recent years that we don’t even have that much outside of Derick Brown and maybe Jaycee to really pay big bucks. If we get nothing for Burns then this front office is incompetent, he’s a 25 year old with 46 sacks over the last 5 seasons. You do not let that player walk for nothing.

Yep... Unfortunately we need to nail most of our picks the next 2 drafts to fight our way back to mediocrity. We will win maybe 4 games next year, only because being bad lady season lets us face a lot of other turd teams

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

whats your solution?

#1- sign him to a reasonable deal 24-26 mill yearly.

#2- Franchise tag him and let him show his worth going forward 

#3- Tag and trade him, he is bare minimum worth what Montez Sweat went for (2nd round) and I’m optimistic with the increased cap space more teams are comfortable paying for a edge threat, driving up his price.