• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

State of the Union

I was a little surprised we'd pay $1.3M for a 6th round pick to help out Toronto, but did we also do it to curry favor with the Ducks?  There are possibly 3 targets on the Ducks that *could* help the team:  Henrique, Vatrano, and a flier here:  Zegras.

Not saying this was the reason, but a 6th round pick barely moves the needle in any kind of trade and the chances of hitting on a player as a 6th rounder is low, low, low...although I will say the Canes have been very good at picking players and stashing them when they have some belief they will develop further.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I was a little surprised we'd pay $1.3M for a 6th round pick to help out Toronto, but did we also do it to curry favor with the Ducks?  There are possibly 3 targets on the Ducks that *could* help the team:  Henrique, Vatrano, and a flier here:  Zegras.

Not saying this was the reason, but a 6th round pick barely moves the needle in any kind of trade and the chances of hitting on a player as a 6th rounder is low, low, low...although I will say the Canes have been very good at picking players and stashing them when they have some belief they will develop further.

Agree 100% here.

Wouldn’t be shocked if one of those guys if not two are Hurricanes on Friday. I could see Zegras and Vatrano coming in and Drury heading out with picks and prospects.

Svechnikov - Aho - Necas

Teravainen - Zegras - Vatrano

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Bunting - Kotkaniemi - Noesen

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Agree 100% here.

Wouldn’t be shocked if one of those guys if not two are Hurricanes on Friday. I could see Zegras and Vatrano coming in and Drury heading out with picks and prospects.

Svechnikov - Aho - Necas

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Would those guys even move the needle? Seems like another Ghost trade. 

17 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Would those guys even move the needle? Seems like another Ghost trade. 

I like Zegras and think Rod is the type of coach he needs to become the elite player that most thought he’d be. Word around the league is he’s immature, Rod will fix that.

As for Vatrano, everyone is complaining about scoring, if acquired he’d be our leading goal scorer at 29, next closest is Aho at 24.

Zegras is a player you are banking on in the future but should still be able to help right now, he has hit 60 points twice already in his young career; and Vatrano should help in the present.

There’s just not an elite player available for trade this year unless Brady Tkachuk becomes available.

Buchnevich and Guentzel are other options but the asking price is likely high on those two.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Agree 100% here.

Svechnikov - Aho - Necas

Martinook - Staal - Fast

You trading Jarvis da Gawd too...?

Woke up today and I feel even worse about this team. We aren’t a cup team. Regular season warriors, mental bitches in the playoffs. We ain’t winning anything with these guys.  Leadership is balls.   Goalie situation is still bad. We could easily have had our C and A step up. Nope. Nothing. Koochie let in the Petr Marazik level bad goal from the blue. That’s three unbelievably horrible goal from the kid in the last 8 games. 

KK sucks y’all. It’s time to move on or send him down. He is on the 4th line with good players and doesn’t even play. 

I would love to see this team look significantly different in 2 weeks. We have first round exit all over us. 

fug I’m done. For now at least. 

27 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Woke up today and I feel even worse about this team. We aren’t a cup team. Regular season warriors, mental bitches in the playoffs. We ain’t winning anything with these guys.  Leadership is balls.   Goalie situation is still bad. We could easily have had our C and A step up. Nope. Nothing. Koochie let in the Petr Marazik level bad goal from the blue. That’s three unbelievably horrible goal from the kid in the last 8 games. 

KK sucks y’all. It’s time to move on or send him down. He is on the 4th line with good players and doesn’t even play. 

I would love to see this team look significantly different in 2 weeks. We have first round exit all over us. 

fug I’m done. For now at least. 

Ok bye bye. 

I’m especially annoyed by the loss because it was the first live game I’ve gotten to watch this season. Spent all day yesterday making a delicate meal and drinks to celebrate the occasion. To lose in that fashion was deflating and I’m not going to apologize for my ranting post-game lol. There’s no explaining away that collapse. With a win, we would be three points behind NYR for the division lead. 

I think this team needs some serious scoring depth at minimum. We really need a 2C but that’s likely not available this TDL. We have a lot of probable roster turnover this off-season. We should be all over any roster-improving trades. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

58 minutes ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

I’m especially annoyed by the loss because it was the first live game I’ve gotten to watch this season. Spent all day yesterday making a delicate meal and drinks to celebrate the occasion. To lose in that fashion was deflating and I’m not going to apologize for my ranting post-game lol. There’s no explaining away that collapse. With a win, we would be three points behind NYR for the division lead. 

I think this team needs some serious scoring depth at minimum. We really need a 2C but that’s likely not available this TDL. We have a lot of probable roster turnover this off-season. We should be all over any roster-improving trades. 

Agreed. KK was really counted on to be the 2 scoring center and he isn’t even playing.   

• Beer 1