• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Canes Acquire Jake Guentzel

Just now, CarolinaWillRise said:

2m raise but possibly I'd bet the canes would consider getting close to Ahos # I don't think he's getting 11 anywhere.

It’s not like we’d be the only buyer. Somebody might be willing to pay 11. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Yeah I caught a Jarvis interview by those clowns on spitting chicklets and Jarvis and Guentzel apparently joke with each other a lot on whose taking a hometown discount and they both want 8 year deals....

Guentzel also already sold his house in Pittsburgh to Bryan Rust and has been house shopping here..... it sounds like Guentzel wants to be a Cane!

• Pie 3

Guy that works in the arena told me that Guentzel really likes it here and felt right at home from the beginning and that he lived at Rod's for a little bit after the trade.  Likes the system here and the team, gets along really well with everyone especially Aho, Jarvy, Burns, and Staalsy. 

He isn't going to be cheap, but we need to sign him - he is a part we've been missing for 3-4 years. 

16 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

Guy that works in the arena told me that Guentzel really likes it here and felt right at home from the beginning and that he lived at Rod's for a little bit after the trade.  Likes the system here and the team, gets along really well with everyone especially Aho, Jarvy, Burns, and Staalsy. 

He isn't going to be cheap, but we need to sign him - he is a part we've been missing for 3-4 years. 

Agreed lock him up the guy loves it here and you can tell....

It would give us a top line that can Cary the team next year might end up being a reset happy to make the playoffs year but 2026 will likely see the Canes window open up again for anther 2-4 years with Young talent like Nikishin,Marrow,FUS,Nadeau making the lineup 

• Beer 1