• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you believe is the meaning of life?

Buckeye Homer

13 hours ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Well, every day is closer to Jesus's return than the previous day.  In watching the world around me it is evident that the spread of extreme ungodliness is growing rapidly.  The U.S. has turned into a modern day Sodom.  I hope Jesus returns today.  We need him.  

This is how I know your mind is in the wrong place, same with most Christians.

Your mind is on a mission of escape when it should be on a mission of love.

It's not about escaping the world God created. It's about loving it. You weren't saved to escape. You were saved to stay here and love unconditionally.

You want the return to come do it can be judged like Sodom. Didn't Jesus say he didn't come here to judge it but to save it?

There’s been a metric shitton more of “ungodliness” per capita in centuries past than today by far. Last century humans built killing factories for fellow humans. I’ll bet the amount of ungodly fornication has decreased since TV was invented. 

This is because the Flying Spaghetti Monster has finally acknowledged the need for alternative types of Pasta. His Noodly Awesomeness has dropped another Tentacle of Goodness to us for allowing Neil Patrick Harris to continue to be famous.

On 3/11/2024 at 1:43 AM, Buckeye Homer said:

I believe that the meaning of life is to become one with our creator.  How about you?

1 Corinthians 15:28 ESV

...that God may be all in all.

Nice to meet someone else who stuck around to the end of Star Trek The Motion Picture 

VGER

20 hours ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Well, every day is closer to Jesus's return than the previous day.  In watching the world around me it is evident that the spread of extreme ungodliness is growing rapidly.  The U.S. has turned into a modern day Sodom.  I hope Jesus returns today.  We need him.  

Once they invented the butter churn and indoor plumbing women had nothing better to do all day than play the third hole and smoke cigarettes. It’s evident from watching the world around me. Indoor plumbing is the devil’s playground mark my words.

Humans have not discovered any “meaning of life” other than the biological and chemical reasons. We probably never will, most likely because there is none (but again this will not ever be conclusively proven). So we have to make poo up to fill the void.

Sorry, but evidence strongly suggests you are not eternal except in your own mind, which is really the only place it needs to be. Trying to give yourself a way to avoid facing that is an important survival mechanism for lots of people.

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, DC Amp said:

Easy...to pay taxes! 😎

People always told me that there were two inevitable things in life....death and taxes. I disagree.

The rich can find a way to avoid it avd those who have nothing have no reason to pay taxes. It's not inevitable to some

There are two inevitable things in life, though...death and toilets. Everyone will die and everyone has to poo.