• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Writing on the Wall...(my job)

Hotsauce

So I get a call from the VP of my company. He is making a unscheduled trip to my city next week. He is coming to "review on of my accounts", but I suspect thats not his reasoning.

To sum it up, what I sell is extremely tough in this economy. Given, everything is tough to sell, this item in particular is very price sensitive. My company is the most expensive in the market and our customer service is AWFUL!

Anyway, my sales have not been good since about November and my manager has been very hard on my performance. It is my job to report what I see in the field, and get my company to respond. They choose to not make any adjustments to help me out. Therefore our entire company is quickly loosing any accounts we have.

I have had multiple conversations with the boss in the past couple months telling them that I am busting my ass to get people to buy from me. In other words, I feel like I have been very open to them and honest about my market.

Well, they excluded only me from a salesman conference last month, and my boss made the comment that he is "weeding out non-performers". In the past few months, they have fired almost all of the salesman in my region. And my boss also has been hiring his friends to fill these empty positions, which I think may be somewhat unethical.

Anyway, I am trying to have a good a week sales-wise and trying to get a big sale before he gets here. I dont know if it is too little to late, or if there is anything I can do at this point to save my job.

I have a young family, and many bills, so I must have income. I hope that I am wrong about this, but I feel like I see the "writing on the wall"

There are two kinds of sales people who aren't making sales. There are the ones who are slackers, who when their accounts are reviewed talk for 20 minutes about all the progress they are making, and all the calls they have made, and all the clients in the pipeline, which translates to "I haven't done sh*t." And then there are the guys who by God have their feet on the pavement and are doing their job, but just can't make sales because it's a difficult economy. A good VP will know the difference, and if he doesn't then you probably don't want to work for him anyway (and judging by the fact that he is cleaning house nepotizing the vacated positions he may not be the best VP).

If you don't already, update the me' and be prepared for the worst.

Don't waste more than a week getting the word out.

If you are not on facebook, get on there. You will need every network you can muster in this current economy.

Sounds like you wouldn't be happy with that job anyway, ever. Time to move on. Like others have said, if it really is such a poorly managed company and the economy is really the reason behind your lack of sales, it's probably not a company you want to be with.

Archived