• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Gallup to visit with Panthers

32 minutes ago, frankw said:

like a photo op to me.

Let's remember Bryce Young looked to be the most rusty and inaccurate of the three QB's in the deep passing drills at BOA during camp. Even moreso than Matt Corral. How did that translate to the regular season?

We'll just have to see what his approach is this season.

Hmm I must have misread the entire article then.  LeBlanc is a private coach shared these photos and videos to promote his services.  Also your interpretation of photos has been a little off lately...

He looked the most rusty in training camp?  Is there a source for this?

There’s still two weeks to go before Bryce Young and the rest of the Carolina rookies report to Panthers training camp. However, the No. 1 pick of the NFL Draft spent this week in Dallas doing some extra work with his new receivers.

Young worked out with receivers Adam Thielen, the former Viking, Terrace Marshall, DJ Chark and Laviska Shenault on the SMU campus. Rookie running back Camerun Peoples also hung out with the receivers. They’re all working with Craig LeBlanc, a quarterback turned specialized private coach

27 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hmm I must have misread the entire article then.  LeBlanc is a private coach shared these photos and videos to promote his services.  Also your interpretation of photos has been a little off lately...

He looked the most rusty in training camp?  Is there a source for this?

There’s still two weeks to go before Bryce Young and the rest of the Carolina rookies report to Panthers training camp. However, the No. 1 pick of the NFL Draft spent this week in Dallas doing some extra work with his new receivers.

Young worked out with receivers Adam Thielen, the former Viking, Terrace Marshall, DJ Chark and Laviska Shenault on the SMU campus. Rookie running back Camerun Peoples also hung out with the receivers. They’re all working with Craig LeBlanc, a quarterback turned specialized private coach

I like you man but is this really the best you've got to hang your hat on from a number one pick who just finished with one of the worst stastical rookie seasons ever? I see his participation there as the bare miminum. I was not referring to the bare minimum when I said extra time in the post you quoted.

And yes I absolutely recall a decent amount of discussion around his fairly awful deep ball accuracy in those drills to the point us casual fans and even some of the independent guys covering the team were concerned but chalked it up to rust. Clearly that was not the case. If he can't get that deep ball figured out our season is DOA.

So yes I would be thrilled to see and expect to see our first overall pick going above and beyond developing chemistry with all of his receivers this season.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well it bares repeating that Andy Dalton who is a pretty awful QB at this stage in his career made it work with the important prerequisites you mentioned.

Last seasons results weren't all Mingo and the rest of the receiving cores fault. Nor were said results all of Bryce Young's fault clearly.

But you also can't negate the fact that when Bryce Young was on the field every defense we faced had seen the film. The film of said route running and the film of Bryce Young not utilizing the entire field. All of that made their jobs significantly easier.

I do agree I have high hopes for our new WR from the Steelers. Though if what I've read from a Steelers fan here who seemed pretty straightforward about his assessment of Johnson is true then we should keep expectations relatively even until we've seen him with this group for a few games.

Idk man looks more like a photo op to me.

Let's remember Bryce Young looked to be the most rusty and inaccurate of the three QB's in the deep passing drills at BOA during camp. Even moreso than Matt Corral. How did that translate to the regular season?

We'll just have to see what his approach is this season.

I've never seen a group of people blow a single game so out of proportion than y'all do for Andy Dalton.  Were you among the group of posters who thought we found our franchise QB when Kyle Allen and Sam Darnold played pretty well in their first few starts with us?  I would assume so, if we were being consistent here.  But no, you were dismissing the hype and cautioning to hold off as they were likely to come crashing down.  All of a sudden now, Dalton's singular game where he threw the ball 58 times (almost 20 more attempts than Bryce had in his season-high) is enough to draw conclusions and pass judgment.  It would be silly of me to argue that Bryce > Dalton because his win% on the season was 12.5% vs. Dalton's 0%, right?  But those are the kind of foolish arguments you open yourself up to when you want to compare them based on a sample size of one Dalton start.

Dalton is a lot of things, including a 13-year NFL veteran QB with 163 starts under his belt.  And you guys are so eager to compare him to a rookie QB whose acclimation to the NFL was accompanied by one of the worst o-line/WR/coaching trio to have cursed our eyes through the television.  Dalton is experienced enough to make the most out of an awful situation...Bryce had to try and learn that on the fly, and understandably struggled.  Yes Bryce was part of the problem too, but I can understand why.  This year IMO is when the smoke starts to clear and we get a better sense of just how much of the problem he was.

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

I've never seen a group of people blow a single game so out of proportion than y'all do for Andy Dalton.  Were you among the group of posters who thought we found our franchise QB when Kyle Allen and Sam Darnold played pretty well in their first few starts with us?  I would assume so, if we were being consistent here.  But no, you were dismissing the hype and cautioning to hold off as they were likely to come crashing down.  All of a sudden now, Dalton's singular game where he threw the ball 58 times (almost 20 more attempts than Bryce had in his season-high) is enough to draw conclusions and pass judgment.  It would be silly of me to argue that Bryce > Dalton because his win% on the season was 12.5% vs. Dalton's 0%, right?  But those are the kind of foolish arguments you open yourself up to when you want to compare them based on a sample size of one Dalton start.

Dalton is a lot of things, including a 13-year NFL veteran QB with 163 starts under his belt.  And you guys are so eager to compare him to a rookie QB whose acclimation to the NFL was accompanied by one of the worst o-line/WR/coaching trio to have cursed our eyes through the television.  Dalton is experienced enough to make the most out of an awful situation...Bryce had to try and learn that on the fly, and understandably struggled.  Yes Bryce was part of the problem too, but I can understand why.  This year IMO is when the smoke starts to clear and we get a better sense of just how much of the problem he was.

Andy Dalton is dogwater.

Yes I expect my first overall pick to at minimum be a push in comparison.

I do not believe that is an outlandish or unreasonable expectation.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, frankw said:

I like you man but is this really the best you've got to hang your hat on from a number one pick who just finished with one of the worst stastical rookie seasons ever? I see his participation there as the bare miminum. I was not referring to the bare minimum when I said extra time in the post you quoted.

And yes I absolutely recall a decent amount of discussion around his fairly awful deep ball accuracy in those drills to the point us casual fans and even some of the independent guys covering the team were concerned but chalked it up to rust. Clearly that was not the case. If he can't get that deep ball figured out our season is DOA.

So yes I would be thrilled to see and expect to see our first overall pick going above and beyond developing chemistry with all of his receivers this season.

This is what happens.  Someone says something overexaggerated or untrue and I dispute it. Then it turns into a "Bryce should be better!"  That's just a pivot. Look I have zero attachment to Bryce Young other than him being our current QB in which I hope he does well.  If he struggles I'm more than ok moving on from him.  People on here just like to overreact and make up inaccurate comments which I dispute.  I've seen plenty overreact to Icky, Mingo, Burns, and even Brown at one time.  You have done a good job at calling out people when they do the same to Icky.  

Your source is you recall a number of independent people questioning it?  I'm not saying it's not true, but that should be easy to look up.  When I look it up it's just the Panthers social hyping up his deep balls (which I don't pay attention to).  

You stated he could have worked with his WRs in the offseason.  I showed you clear as day where he did and yet you want to still deny it.  We have shown his official height at which you doubted that and stated it was his hair??  There is plenty to hate on if that's what you are wanting to do (which is seems you are).  There is just no need to make up stuff when it's easy to show otherwise.  I mean we had people saying Adam Schefter is making up a story to protect Tepper...

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

This is what happens.  Someone says something overexaggerated or untrue and I dispute it. Then it turns into a "Bryce should be better!"  That's just a pivot. Look I have zero attachment to Bryce Young other than him being our current QB in which I hope he does well.  If he struggles I'm more than ok moving on from him.  People on here just like to overreact and make up inaccurate comments which I dispute.  I've seen plenty overreact to Icky, Mingo, Burns, and even Brown at one time.  You have done a good job at calling out people when they do the same to Icky.  

Your source is you recall a number of independent people questioning it?  I'm not saying it's not true, but that should be easy to look up.  When I look it up it's just the Panthers social hyping up his deep balls (which I don't pay attention to).  

You stated he could have worked with his WRs in the offseason.  I showed you clear as day where he did and yet you want to still deny it.  We have shown his official height at which you doubted that and stated it was his hair??  There is plenty to hate on if that's what you are wanting to do (which is seems you are).  There is just no need to make up stuff when it's easy to show otherwise.  I mean we had people saying Adam Schefter is making up a story to protect Tepper...

Why would I make that up? I believe it was PNP that had a livestream reaction going and they posted it to YouTube that talked about that blurb in there on his deep ball inaccuracy and there was a thread here that discussed it as well. You're saying I'm lying saying I'm hating yada yada after you sought out the post to quote all this on initially. Kinda disappointing but hey it's cool. Appreciate the convo.

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

Why would I make that up? I believe it was PNP that had a livestream reaction going and they posted it to YouTube that talked about that blurb in there on his deep ball inaccuracy and there was a thread here that discussed it as well. You're saying I'm lying saying I'm hating yada yada after you sought out the post to quote all this on initially. Kinda disappointing but hey it's cool. Appreciate the convo.

Lol so defensive.  I'm not saying you are lying as I clearly stated "I'm not saying it's not true."  I like to have some sort of context on these blank statements.  Was it the first week of camp?  Was it a constant trend or just a day or two of practice etc...  I was unable to find anything backing it so I thought you would have it sense you brought it up.  

I simply stated he DID work out with his WRs the past offseason and it was actually documented.  Post things on a message board and they might get responses.  Crazy right?  Especially when they are easy to disprove.  If the conversation is disappointing you feel free to move on and not reply.  

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you aren't even willing to concede something so innocuous like Bryce Young having a genuine private workout with his receivers (when shown an actual article documenting it) or Bryce Young being genuinely 5'10 (which is already very short for a QB) despite his official measurement being taken at the Combine, then don't clutch your pearls and get offended if someone thinks you're a hater and/or simply questions a claim you've made but not backed up.  Take some responsibility for how you're being perceived on these boards.  You're painting yourself as a dishonest actor when you show a repeated pattern of unwillingness to accept anything that conflicts with your opinion.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol so defensive.  I'm not saying you are lying as I clearly stated "I'm not saying it's not true."  I like to have some sort of context on these blank statements.  Was it the first week of camp?  Was it a constant trend or just a day or two of practice etc...  I was unable to find anything backing it so I thought you would have it sense you brought it up.  

I simply stated he DID work out with his WRs the past offseason and it was actually documented.  Post things on a message board and they might get responses.  Crazy right?  Especially when they are easy to disprove.  If the conversation is disappointing you feel free to move on and not reply.  

I'm sure other people here remember it these were the throwing drills all QB's participated in and it was at the stadium. Bryce's deep ball accuracy was a topic then and it certainly remains one now I'm just not sure why you are so concerned about me giving you irrefutable video evidence when we all know his deep ball has been an issue.

You're falling back on one single throwing session that looks again like a photo op. It isn't controversial or hating to say we need a great deal more than that from our young first overall pick.

If you and MasterAwesome want to take turns quoting me and carry water thats your prerogative but no amount of white knighting here is going to change the realities of what needs to happen for Bryce Young to become a franchise QB worthy of the top pick. He needs to go above and beyond. I want to see it. I hope to see it. I patiently await July and August. If he's doing these things I will be thrilled and compliment him. That's only the first step though. We still need to see the results on the field. And we need to see him step forward and take ownership of his team. Yes. His team. He's the guy. I would much rather happily see him succeed than fail and start over and have squandered all those resources and effort to acquire his services. That doesn't mean I'm going to spend the next several months operating with rose colored glasses. Nobody on this roster is getting a free pass after last season. We will see what happens.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I'm sure other people here remember it these were the throwing drills all QB's participated in and it was at the stadium. Bryce's deep ball accuracy was a topic then and it certainly remains one now I'm just not sure why you are so concerned about me giving you irrefutable video evidence when we all know his deep ball has been an issue.

You're falling back on one single throwing session that looks again like a photo op. It isn't controversial or hating to say we need a great deal more than that from our young first overall pick.

If you and MasterAwesome want to take turns quoting me and carry water thats your prerogative but no amount of white knighting here is going to change the realities of what needs to happen for Bryce Young to become a franchise QB worthy of the top pick. He needs to go above and beyond. I want to see it. I hope to see it. I patiently await July and August. If he's doing these things I will be thrilled and compliment him. That's only the first step though. We still need to see the results on the field. And we need to see him step forward and take ownership of his team. Yes. His team. He's the guy. I would much rather happily see him succeed than fail and start over and have squandered all those resources and effort to acquire his services. That doesn't mean I'm going to spend the next several months operating with rose colored glasses. Nobody on this roster is getting a free pass after last season. We will see what happens.

No one is asking for rose colored glasses. Just accurate statements please.  Like I’ve already said there is plenty to critique with Bryce let’s not make up any additional ammo. 

I’m all for waiting and seeing. He either progresses or leads up to his replacement. As long as we keep that 25 first round pick there will be some sort of light at the end of the tunnel.