• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT: I think I'm the enemy with many/most on this board for the week ;)

tukafan21

Have mentioned it before here, but I'm an Arizona alum.

Gotta imagine there are quite a bit of UNC fans around these parts.

You're really going to miss Caleb Love when he dominates you guys on our way to the Final Four!

Bear Down Arizona!

image.thumb.png.16f181242f113057f76bdc725d08bd6c.png

• Poo 3

1 minute ago, Ornias said:

He will either score 40 or go 4-40 from the field. Not worried either way. 

Was talking about this with someone on our Arizona boards who lives in NC, a UNC friend of his said the same thing to him.

The funny thing is that I agree, even though Caleb has completely changed his game this year.

I know he had the tendency to try to play hero ball in UNC and would become a black hole at times and shoot them out of games, but he really has not done that at all this year.  Sure, there's been a few times he's taken bad shots that he shouldn't have, but he hasn't done it for full games and cost us losses.

He's done an amazing job at playing within himself and the offense, and it lead to him being a 2nd team All American and Pac 12 Player of the Year.  Don't get me wrong, he's had some bad games and bad shooting games (especially of late, the last 5 games his 3 point shot has been woefully off for some reason), but he's never had any games with more than 1 or 2 shots that he shouldn't have even considered to where he was the reason we lost.

Having said that... I agree, if Arizona-UNC end up playing Saturday, he's either going off for a monster game or I think he'll struggle to not try and be THAT guy to beat his old team and end up shooting us into a loss for the first time this year.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CRA said:

watch AZ not even get past Clemson.  OP will have brought that bad juju on himself and his team. 

Nah, I'm not looking past Clemson and I'm not putting UNC into the Elite 8 over Alabama yet either.

Just thought it would be fun to start this thread early in the week to have a good time with it.  I have to imagine I'm the only Wildcat on these boards and there are a lot of Tar Heels.

The funny thing is that I have a Clemson connection too.  I was very close to going to school there and thought I was for about a year, but ended up not of course.

Edited by tukafan21

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Nothing but love for Caleb Love from me. I obviously hope he loses this week but if he doesn't I hope he wins it all.

And this is why I started this thread today instead of waiting to see if we both make it to the E8

I think this one is all in good fun, because as far as I'm aware, there isn't any bad blood between UNC fans and Caleb, especially after all the great memories he gave you guys, particularly against Duke.

I'm also pretty sure you guys loved (no pun intended?) him going back into "Caleb Indoor Stadium" early this year and beat them again in HIS house, lol

Sure, maybe I'd prefer to play Alabama if we beat Clemson, especially as we already beat them by double digits in a neutral site game this year.  But a big part of me would rather play UNC, even though they're the 1 seed, because that game could be a lot of fun (plus it could bring out the dangerous version of Love, which if it happens, I honestly and objectively think we win that game).

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Trimble can cause Love a lot of problems defensively, I'm just not sure Hubert will go that route.

I'd love it if we end up playing, for Hubert to get into his own head about Love and get too concerned over how to defend him.

We have a deep team of talented players, put too much effort into shutting Love down and not enough focus on the rest of our team and we'll make you pay.

Sure, Love is our best player, he was the conference player of the year, but ignore Ballo, Larsson, Boswell, and Bradley at your own peril, as if we didn't have Love, one of them (likely Ballo) would have ended up scoring more this year and won the award themselves.

I know we could lose to Clemson, of course, but I also did hear that the UNC boards last night were talking about how they were more afraid of a Clemson matchup than one with Arizona.

Which, c'mon now, is just asinine, we've been a Top 10 team all year and have a loaded roster.

I'm not looking past Clemson, but UNC fans really shouldn't be hoping for an Arizona matchup over a Clemson one unless they just want to play against Love for the joy of either beating him or being able to root for him in the FF if we were to beat you guys.

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I know we could lose to Clemson, of course, but I also did hear that the UNC boards last night were talking about how they were more afraid of a Clemson matchup than one with Arizona.

Which, c'mon now, is just asinine, we've been a Top 10 team all year and have a loaded roster.

I'm not looking past Clemson, but UNC fans really shouldn't be hoping for an Arizona matchup over a Clemson one unless they just want to play against Love for the joy of either beating him or being able to root for him in the FF if we were to beat you guys.

I can't speak for the UNC fans, but generally I'd rather play a team in the tourney that didn't know me that well.  That cuts all sorts of ways I guess.   Certainly, advantages to knowing someone too. 

Clemson will be an underdog for the 3rd straight game for a reason.  AZ should win simply because Clemson is the much more inconsistent team.  But if Clemson is playing well, they have been a problem for a lot of folks when they get it together this year.