• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clifford is stepping down

9 hours ago, frankw said:

I had to check this myself.

Gordon has played in 75 games the last 2 seasons compared to 58 for Ball.

Pretty fuging sobering.

Yep. I know people say Ball is a star, but he doesn't do the team any good if he's hardly ever on the court.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I would trade Ball in a heartbeat.

Talented player, but he is injury prone and lacks leadership. How does the rookie Brandon Miller sound more mature than Melo.

Melo is still cussing in his interviews. That shows me he doesn't get it. Time to grow up take care of your body and please wear your ankle braces.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I would trade Ball in a heartbeat.

Talented player, but he is injury prone and lacks leadership. How does the rookie Brandon Miller sound more mature than Melo.

Melo is still cussing in his interviews. That shows me he doesn't get it. Time to grow up take care of your body and please wear your ankle braces.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2024-04-05/lavar-ball-lamelo-lonzo-injuries-shoes-workouts-hornets-bulls

His pops is out here blaming the injuries on LaMelo's Puma shoes lol.

He could be right about the practices though. But plenty of other players can stay on the court consistently. At some point you as the athlete either want it or you don't. Some of these young players of newer generations are just caught up in the materialism side of being a sports celebrity. Even LeBron has called them out for it.

At this point if our ownership has any clue what they are doing they will put in place a new regime that will prioritize building around Brandon Miller first and foremost. Where LaMelo will fit in will be up to him. If that is going to happen though we need to hire the right coach. No more softie BS.

23 minutes ago, frankw said:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2024-04-05/lavar-ball-lamelo-lonzo-injuries-shoes-workouts-hornets-bulls

His pops is out here blaming the injuries on LaMelo's Puma shoes lol.

He could be right about the practices though. But plenty of other players can stay on the court consistently. At some point you as the athlete either want it or you don't. Some of these young players of newer generations are just caught up in the materialism side of being a sports celebrity. Even LeBron has called them out for it.

At this point if our ownership has any clue what they are doing they will put in place a new regime that will prioritize building around Brandon Miller first and foremost. Where LaMelo will fit in will be up to him. If that is going to happen though we need to hire the right coach. No more softie BS.

I don’t even want to give that idiot (LaVar) a response but he might be on to something with the shoes.

It is odd that all of Puma’s athletes (LaMelo, Barrett, Ayton, Smart, Kuzma) suffer from ankle issues.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don’t even want to give that idiot (LaVar) a response but he might be on to something with the shoes.

It is odd that all of Puma’s athletes (LaMelo, Barrett, Ayton, Smart, Kuzma) suffer from ankle issues.

It's not outside the realm of possibility for sure. But all these major shoe brands are made with the same materials and made dirt cheap overseas in sweat shops.

What brand was the shoe that fell apart on a player in the middle of a game awhile back? Was it Nike?

Some of this is also just bad luck.

Edited by frankw

9 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's not outside the realm of possibility for sure. But all these major shoe brands are made with the same materials and made dirt cheap overseas in sweat shops.

What brand was the shoe that fell apart on a player in the middle of a game awhile back? Was it Nike?

Some of this is also just bad luck.

You’re right, Zion blew out a pair of Nike’s.

And honestly, for me, it’s more about the person. The Hornets desperately need a leader; Melo doesn’t even have to play to be that guy, but that’s not who he is.

In hindsight, the Hornets should have traded that pick for a draft night haul.

• Beer 2

13 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Hornets are interviewing Lindsey Harding for their HC job.

Glad to see they’ve got their priorities in order:

1. Virtue signal so you can get an espn article.

2. Find the right HC.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

Glad to see they’ve got their priorities in order:

1. Virtue signal so you can get an espn article.

2. Find the right HC.

Hahaha, I’ll say this:

As far as female candidates go, Harding is the least qualified in my opinion. I mean hell, even Jerry Stackhouse was a COY award winner in the G-League.

Staley or Hammon would actually be good candidates, Harding seems more like a publicity stunt.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It’s gonna take a big paycheck, but I’m here for it. The Hornets don’t have a leader so they need to have a no nonsense HC.

I doubt she would leave SC for the Hornets, but I wouldn't object to her being the coach. It isn't like she could be worse than some of the past ones the Hornets have hired.

6 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

It’s gonna take a big paycheck, but I’m here for it. The Hornets don’t have a leader so they need to have a no nonsense HC.

It’d be like you’re 6’11, 265 and a 26 year old multi-millionaire…and your mom is screaming at you to box out.

I genuinely think it could work.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1