• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your thoughts on my random draft crushes

6 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Yeah I don’t doubt it. The only reason I know who he is is because I ran a draft simulator a few times and it was always him and Kris Jenkins son on the board as best available for our 4th round pick so I looked them up to see the difference. Thought it might be nice to pick up a big space eater like Sweat in those mid rounds but not keen on the positional value earlier when we already have Robinson.

I love the idea of Sweat as well, but I have no idea of what would be too high for him. I’d be happy to take him with one of our second rounders, but that might be over drafting, but I’d be celebrating lol

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I love the idea of Sweat as well, but I have no idea of what would be too high for him. I’d be happy to take him with one of our second rounders, but that might be over drafting, but I’d be celebrating lol

I would be ok with him at 39. Not having to worry about dline will be nice

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’d also prefer McConkey or Corley over Leggette lol.

Breakouts can certainly happen and they can carry over to the NFL but I personally would rather have the more consistent and fundamentally sound players.

Otherwise we’ll be spending too much time trying to figure out how to make our athletes good football players when we could have just drafted good football players to begin with.

What did McConkey produce though? He's exactly the situation you describe. All combine no real production. 

Not many players in this draft I like more than Payton Wilson.  If he stays healthy he’ll be a star.

Ricky Pearshall is a guy I would target.  Very underrated.

Also, still really like Keon Coleman and if he slips to round 3 I would take him immediately.  His 40 was bad but he is a dominant player on the field.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

36 minutes ago, csx said:

What did McConkey produce though? He's exactly the situation you describe. All combine no real production. 

That’s not true at all.

2020 - Redshirted

2021 - 491 all purpose yards - 6 TD’s

2022 - 896 all purpose yards - 9 TD’s

2023 - Injured - 516 all purpose yards - 3 TD’s - On pace for 802 all purpose yards - 5 TD’s

If you want to look at this from another perspective you can check how dangerous McConkey is with the ball in his hands.

McConkey averaged a TD every 7.33 touches throughout his career. In comparison, Legette averaged a TD every 10.75 touches throughout his career. I’ll even go further, throughout his career, Rome Odunze averaged a TD every 8.62 touches.

And just for shits and giggles. The touches to TD formula accurately predicted Puka Nacua’s success as an NFL player. It’s primarily used to show how explosive a player can be with the ball in their hands and McConkey has that same explosiveness.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That’s not true at all.

2020 - Redshirted

2021 - 491 all purpose yards - 6 TD’s

2022 - 896 all purpose yards - 9 TD’s

2023 - Injured - 516 all purpose yards - 3 TD’s - On pace for 802 all purpose yards - 5 TD’s

If you want to look at this from another perspective you can check how dangerous McConkey is with the ball in his hands.

McConkey averaged a TD every 7.33 touches throughout his career. In comparison, Legette averaged a TD every 10.75 touches throughout his career. I’ll even go further, throughout his career, Rome Odunze averaged a TD every 8.62 touches.

And just for shits and giggles. The touches to TD formula accurately predicted Puka Nacua’s success as an NFL player. It’s primarily used to show how explosive a player can be with the ball in their hands and McConkey has that same explosiveness.

I'm not saying he's not good but his production is nowhere near the hype. 

You would think he has done much more but its almost all based on his agility and potential.

His nfl prospect profile acknowledges it at least.

Screenshot_20240406_115156_Chrome.jpg

Edited by csx