• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offseason program begins

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Isn't that the job of the strength and conditioning coach?  If a QB needs to be able to throw the ball with a bit more zip and 5 to 10 more yards down the field than that the job of the S&C coach.  

Bulking up just to Bulk up only is for the cameras.  Strengthen the body to fit your position.

You really trust Rhules strength and conditioning coach from Temple/Baylor? How he still has a job I dunno because we have not been very strong or healthy

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

You really trust Rhules strength and conditioning coach from Temple/Baylor? How he still has a job I dunno because we have not been very strong or healthy

Not my position to evaluate coaches.  I can only assume Morgan likes him and decided to retain him.  I can't see with all the changes Morgan made he'd keep someone not worthy of keeping.

Put me in the camp that is not impressed with keeping a Rhule era hire to head the strength and conditioning dept.

Sounds as good of an idea as retaining the entire scouting dept of the fired GM who was our worst in franchise history by a wide margin.

But hey what do we know. Right?

• Beer 1

Just now, Mother Grabber said:

that’s really all you need to say, no need add an context. it’s the same comment on pretty much everything

You've been up all night bud. I took a few days off from this place while you were up at 1 am defending Bryce Young's honor. Step off and take a break for your own health. You need it.

1 minute ago, frankw said:

You've been up all night bud. I took a few days off from this place while you were up at 1 am defending Bryce Young's honor. Step off and take a break for your own health. You need it.

i’m on the other side of the world right now. it’s 6PM here.

i wasn’t defending Young, i just wasn’t shitting on him based on hyperbole, like the hate squad likes to do. you have no data, just hate. if there’s data that shows Young is smaller, than by all means give him crap about it. you don’t have any real information, just venomous spew.

26 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

i’m on the other side of the world right now. it’s 6PM here.

i wasn’t defending Young, i just wasn’t shitting on him based on hyperbole, like the hate squad likes to do. you have no data, just hate. if there’s data that shows Young is smaller, than by all means give him crap about it. you don’t have any real information, just venomous spew.

He's the smallest starting QB in the league. That just isn't a matter of debate. We can hope he goes on to have a career that transforms any narrative about smaller QB's for many years to come. I hope so.

But as for you. It's clear you seek a community that is mostly free from dissenting opinions or opinions that drift from your POV that the team is generally without need of any critique. Well I'm here to tell ya bud that's simply not the case. No sports franchise manages to end up with the worst win percentage in all of professional sports the last few years without a culture of very poor management overall.

If you want to continue to be a hall monitor of Panthers related conversation you should create your own community. Otherwise kindly just take a seat.

Have yourself a lovely day sir.

1 hour ago, strato said:

Data, that’s a good one. Prioritizing ‘data' allowed them to extrapolate that Young was an NFL top pick.

would you prefer saying that people are calling him “smaller” without any facts? is that a better word than data? pick your favorite flavor of making things up and then giving someone poo about it.

3 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

would you prefer saying that people are calling him “smaller” without any facts? is that a better word than data? pick your favorite flavor of making things up and then giving someone poo about it.

Do you think he looks bigger?

38 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

I doubt he got smaller but I really don’t think I care. What is the point of arguing whether he is 30 pounds too light or 25?  4” too short or 2”? 

I only care about if he can play QB at a level that justifies the faith put into his acquisition. I don’t see it.

I don’t care about weights very much, it is not going to help the critical issues with his game.

I would much rather he be throwing and working on his dropbacks and footwork and upgrading himself to banish from sight the serious deficiencies he has displayed in the NFL.

Edited by strato

5 hours ago, frankw said:

Put me in the camp that is not impressed with keeping a Rhule era hire to head the strength and conditioning dept.

Sounds as good of an idea as retaining the entire scouting dept of the fired GM who was our worst in franchise history by a wide margin.

But hey what do we know. Right?

I just can't believe the handful of people left that still have blind faith in this organization after what they've actually physically laid out for the fans the last 5 years. Tepper obviously doesn't know better than 80% of the people on this message board, Morgan may end up being a decent GM but he's been assisting this mess for almost 4 years, and Canales is maybe a decent QB coach but is planning on running the whole team and calling plays in a new offense with a 5'10" qb so his head might explode. Blind Faith people call it pessimistic, I think of it more as us reality based fans proactively wanting the team to admit they have fuged up and actually move on with a true clean slate. Still too much gunk left lingering around from the previous years failures

• Beer 1