• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sticking it to America's Team

MHS831

I am not good at player comparisons, but he reminds me of this guy (I noticed that both of these backs instinctively switch the ball from arm to arm, keeping it away from the defender.  I think Dickerson goes down easier than Brooks, which may be the reason he was not injury prone--don't know for sure:

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

forgot to include the quote: best play in panther history

Pretty great. 

X Clown also.

I was always real fond of Jake’s 1st play vs Jacksonville simply for his entrance into the huddle which completely woke people up. That and what they went on to do in that game was a major turning point for the franchise.IMO.

Kris Jenkins’ kick xp block vs TB is a big one for me. 

Edited by strato

On 4/27/2024 at 9:15 AM, MHS831 said:

I think CB is our biggest need right now, but passing on C in round 2 does make a statement--We are happy with what we have there.  If we needed a starter, we would have never passed of Frazier or Powers-Johnson.  However, Van Pran-Granger is sitting there now....

Not drafting one doesn't mean we are necessarily happy.  Could just mean there was no one we really liked.  Or that there were other players we liked more.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Not drafting one doesn't mean we are necessarily happy.  Could just mean there was no one we really liked.  Or that there were other players we liked more.  

There was somebody saying something like this: if the Panthers don’t believe the guy has a great future even though he may be able to help in the short term, like he is better than what they have right now, they are passing on the position to get an overall better player. Someone with better long term prospects. 

That could be a philosophical shift. I don’t enough to judge if it is an improvement to run things that way but I understand the thinking. 

Edited by strato