• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT thread

MHS831

Just now, MHS831 said:

They signed him to a contract--I realize one that they can break, but that shows they have a place for him.  I think they were waiting for the draft to decide what they are going to do with TMJ.  They drafted Legette to do the job that he has failed to do....Coker will play STs and spot duty as a WR and he will compete for the slot job when Thielen leaves.  The money suggests that they are more serious about him, unless there is something I don't understand.

By the numbers I think he just needs to beat out TMJ, that's done by just being 5 minutes early to his meeting!!

Panthers can carry 7 WRs as well, there's room given the talent level and 2 QBs. 

Honestly that's the first thing canalas needs to do, forget numbers, just carry the talent. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

They signed him to a contract--I realize one that they can break, but that shows they have a place for him.  I think they were waiting for the draft to decide what they are going to do with TMJ.  They drafted Legette to do the job that he has failed to do....Coker will play STs and spot duty as a WR and he will compete for the slot job when Thielen leaves.  The money suggests that they are more serious about him, unless there is something I don't understand.

TMJ isn’t making the roster 

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Yes, the contract was impressive. Dude got paid enough to make a difference in any Joe Shmoe's life even if he doesn't make it. We'll see what it is in August.

I would bet that Smitty had a voice in this. I had never heard of Coker until 89 did the evaluation. 

Edited by TD alt

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

TMJ isn’t making the roster 

I'll admit, it's not looking good, but it's a new day. It's not like he hasn't flashed before. I'm not counting him down and out just yet, and I don't believe that DM or DC is either.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

3 spots in the wr room is up for grabs. 

You think mingo isn't safe, it is a new staff/eyes/brains etc....but that would hurt if they cut a 39 overall player just one year in....yes, he didn't look good, same goes for the other 49 players..

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You think mingo isn't safe, it is a new staff/eyes/brains etc....but that would hurt if they cut a 39 overall player just one year in....yes, he didn't look good, same goes for the other 49 players..

They will keep seven. Only the 1st 4 are guaranteed a roster spot this season. It could be 4 spots if one of these guys can carve out a spot on special teams somehow. 

Edited by Jon Snow

8 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

There's going to be serious competition in Training Camp at WR. Outside of Thielen, Legette, and Johnson, the rest of the WR core is open.

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They will keep seven. Only the 1st 4 are guaranteed a roster spot this season. It could be 4 spots if one of these guys can carve out a spot on special teams somehow. 

I think ISM has a 51% chance this year as well, he finished strong and KOs could help him stay as well.

I do feel WR will be featured more, but they also said "WE are going to run the ball". 

Carolina Panthers Undrafted Free Agents

• QB – Jack Plummer, Louisville
  • WR – Sam Pinckney, Coastal Carolina
  • WR – Jalen Coker, Holy Cross
  • WR – Devin Carter, West Virginia
  • TE – Kevin Foelsh, New Haven
  • OL – Jeremiah Crawford, Tennessee
  • OL – Andrew Raym, Oklahoma
  • DE – Taylor Upshaw, Arizona
  • DT – Popo Aumavae, Oregon
  • LB – Derrick McLendon, Colorado
  • LB – Leo Lowin, Army