• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Rags Round 2 Game 2 Tuesday 7PM

12 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

Fred has had a half season of rest, and he's the guy. I think Rod learned from the Florida series, and in general. Rest for Bob last year was overrated. It mattered eventually, sure, but there can be both a better balance while still featuring the guy. And Fred is the guy. It's nice that Pyotr at this age already has playoff experience, but in my opinion, not starting him in game 4 was the ultimate sign that Rod is riding Fred until otherwise noted. And I think Fred has earned that in his time since his injury. I don't hate a better balance, but I think game 4 was the perfect time with no pressure to do it and the fact that we didn't spoke volumes.  His leash will inevitably be shorter with the struggles, but he's been solid overall.

He’s been ok for the past 2 games. 4 goals is not ideal. As Tripp says Pyotr plays up to elite Russian goalies. Leash has got to be short tonight. If Rod goes Pyotr it gives Freddie a chip and it energizes the boys. Tonight would be the night to do it, not at home unless Freddie really struggles. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

I think Freddie bounces back but if he falters early, you have to pull him. 

Freddie rarely has bad games b2b. 

I also don't falt him much for 3/4 goals the last one was 100% on him though.

I've seen it mentioned in a few articles the chances of the canes going 0-2 on the kill and 0-5 on the PP are very low.

I like our chances 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Wake the puck up Caniacs it game day! Team won’t let this go 0-2. They will be ready. 

Win tonight and you control the series because I highly doubt they drop either of the first two home games.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PantherChris said:

Freddie rarely has bad games b2b. 

I also don't falt him much for 3/4 goals the last one was 100% on him though.

I've seen it mentioned in a few articles the chances of the canes going 0-2 on the kill and 0-5 on the PP are very low.

I like our chances 

R1 Game 5 and R2 Game 1. He’s been sloppy man. Even Tripp is saying it. If you got SXM rewind to the 9AM top of the hour to hear Tripp. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

So what is boys. Sounds like Freddie is our guy tonight. If we win and Freddie plays bad do you go Koochie in game three. Freddie plays bad(I don’t see this one happening btw) do you go Koochie?

I love Koochie but this isn't the time to start him IMO.... he's played in 4 playoff games so far and is 0-4 with a .801 % and 4.5 gaa,  of course I think it's all him being too amped up but until we know he can handle the pressure I'd be hesitant.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

R1 Game 5 and R2 Game 1. He’s been sloppy man. Even Tripp is saying it. If you got SXM rewind to the 9AM top of the hour to hear Tripp. 

I'm not disagreeing with you there but rather meant in the same series.

And I agree he is sloppy that said the GWG was the only one that was truly his fault we can't have multiple defensive breakdowns this go round.

Also see my other post about Koochies playoffs.

2 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I love Koochie but this isn't the time to start him IMO.... he's played in 4 playoff games so far and is 0-4 with a .801 % and 4.5 gaa,  of course I think it's all him being too amped up but until we know he can handle the pressure I'd be hesitant.

He’s also only allowed 2 goals by the rags this season and matched them well, unlike the islanders.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

He’s also only allowed 2 goals by the rags this season and matched them well, unlike the islanders.

That's not the playoffs my friend he has four playoff appearances and wasn't close to the guy he is In the regular season.....  of course all 4 were on the road so I'd like to see him at home with the crowd at his back.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

That's not the playoffs my friend he has four playoff appearances and wasn't close to the guy he is In the regular season.....  of course all 4 were on the road so I'd like to see him at home with the crowd at his back.

He’s also a year older now and appears to have matured in net. The key is giving the boys energy and putting a chip on Freddie’s shoulder.

If we are giving up goals again early Rod has to go to Pyotr.  I know you don’t put all the goals on Freddie, but it’s the playoffs. It’s the goaltenders job to bail their defense out on at least one of them. He didn’t on all of them. 

Edited by Harbingers