• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers run ONE play on repeat

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

That's fair, I just thought the game manager typically means our defense has to carry and not sure that'll be possible.

I really don't know what it's going to look like. If you are expecting Young to carry the offense then you will probably be disappointed. The plan according to what Canales has said is to have a balanced offense. What that is going to look like I don't think anyone but a select few know right now. I just hope it's not reminiscent of the garbage we saw last season. It has to be better right, right?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I really don't know what it's going to look like. If you are expecting Young to carry the offense then you will probably be disappointed. The plan according to what Canales has said is to have a balanced offense. What that is going to look like I don't think anyone but a select few know right now. I just hope it's not reminiscent of the garbage we saw last season. It has to be better right, right?

It can't be worse, we hit bottom last year and only way is to go up.  How much better?  2 wins -> 4 wins?  

or can they actually win 7-8 games?  I don't think the latter is happening

Edited by NAS

If we end up with a top pick then we have no choice but to draft another QB

As for Bryce, my concern is his arm strength. Always has been. Figured he’d put on some muscle but clearly that isn’t going to happen 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, NAS said:

It can't be worse, we hit bottom last year and only way is to go up.  How much better?  2 wins -> 4 wins?  

or can they actually win 7-8 games?  I don't think the latter is happening

I doubt the later happens myself but I'm not about to say it can't happen. It's unlikely but anythingpossible. I doubt it will be reminiscent of the Texans turn around last season for a number of reasons. If that is your expectation then you will be disappointed. I honestly don't know what to expect. There's been a lot of turnover and for good reason. There's a lot of new moving parts that have to click. Dave has to prove he knows how to coach and design a successful offense. Really all I'm hoping for is a better showing than what we've seen so far. I will evaluate the moving parts as the season progresses and I would advise everyone else to do the same.

• Pie 2

21 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm left with two possible conclusions here. One, Reich just saw a sucker in Tepper and hit him up for a check to ride into retirement on. Two, Reich took the job expecting a different QB to be the pick probably through his influence of the draft process. He and Bryce seemed like a major mismatch from the get go. Unless he was just looking for one last payday I really don't think he would've taken the job if he felt like Bryce would ultimately be the pick. There was a lot of talk about Reich always preferring QBs with good size and big arms. Now granted, all else being equal who doesn't? But it was always talked about that Bryce was basically the physical antithesis of what Reich had historically preferred at QB.

Hell, maybe it was a little bit of both. I can get this newbie owner to give me a pile of money based on my experience because his woefully inexperienced coach flopped horribly and then hopefully I can influence the draft process to get the QB I want. If not, oh well. At least I got paid! LOL

Ive said 1000x on here that by the preseason Reich knew his goose was cooked with BY.  The body language, the answers, and when fitt came out and said what he said everyone knew before the season even started that they fuged up

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would assume it will be pretty comparable to what we witnessed in Tampa last year.  Only with a QB that doesn't fit his pass game. 

I think people should be prepared for really bad O.  Because Canales ran a weak O last year and had better parts. 

18 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

They were not blindsided by anything. They knew everything about all of those qb's. To say he was blindsided is just ridiculous. He spent all his time before the draft reviewing tape on all of them. Met in-person with all of them and had them in for workouts. How on earth would he not know what Young could or could not do? No, he knew what he was getting. He just couldn't build an offense around what he had. That is on him.

Its scary to think that some of us dumb ass huddlers evaluated bryce for what he is before the damn draft that this collective front office couldnt see what we saw.   I mean we have receipts saying this dude isnt athletic, doesnt have a strong arm or good deep ball and has shitty mechanics but alas here we are, the teppers fell in love over a steak dinner.   Lets get this year over with and move on to a new dude in 2025.  Its all we can do

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

You don't know that. His goal is to make him play to the best of his abilities. That is what he's said all along. Whether it helps to win games has yet to be seen. Canales has to also build a team and offense good enough to win no matter who's behind center. If he can do that he will be around to get whoever he feels is better to run it. He's not tied to Young but he still has to build a complete team and offense. 

having your qb simply be a game manager is a good recipe for hovering around .500 and picking in the teens.  Its nfl purgatory. 

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive said 1000x on here that by the preseason Reich knew his goose was cooked with BY.  The body language, the answers, and when fitt came out and said what he said everyone knew before the season even started that they fuged up

Refresh my memory please. Fitt said what?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If he knew that then why did he not stand up to Fitterer before he came out a said who he was taking? It's hard for me to accept that Frank knew that and kept his mouth shut behind closed doors. It's hard for me to accept that Tepper would have forced the situation knowing the coach he just hired was not on board. If he did do that then he cannot blame Frank other than if Frank just revolted and said screw it and deliberately sabatoged the season and Young just because he didn't get his way. No, Frank was on board. He just couldn't pull it off. The all-stat staff was just name recognition only. There wasn't much to that bs. Frank's downfall was his own making. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I would assume it will be pretty comparable to what we witnessed in Tampa last year.  Only with a QB that doesn't fit his pass game. 

I think people should be prepared for really bad O.  Because Canales ran a weak O last year and had better parts. 

He better come up with something better than that. If not he may not be around long enough to draft his own qb.

31 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

If we end up with a top pick then we have no choice but to draft another QB

As for Bryce, my concern is his arm strength. Always has been. Figured he’d put on some muscle but clearly that isn’t going to happen 

not directed at you per se, but he has had elite coaching, elite training and gone to elite camps since the 8th grade.  Why would this off season be any different?  He is who he is at this point and the fact that he joked about binging netflix all off season kindof shows his true colors

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

having your qb simply be a game manager is a good recipe for hovering around .500 and picking in the teens.  Its nfl purgatory. 

You don't know that either. Everyone assumes that what it means. Just because that was Frank's plan doesn't mean that is what Dave will do. It could be but I would not assume that.

Edited by Jon Snow

3 minutes ago, strato said:

Refresh my memory please. Fitt said what?

he said something to the effect that its going to take time with bryce.   Basically said to be patient we are going to look like poo early and hopefully be better later in teh year a la wilsons first year. 

• Beer 1