• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

fug you freddie

Peters is the future, not PK for the record. Hopefully we’ve seen Freddie’s last game as a Cane. He had a great performance in the playoffs last season and for what he went through this year, it is hard for me to blame him. You have to blame Rod for putting Freddie in this situation. 

Do I think Rod should be fired? lol, no. It’s hard as fug to win a Cup. Boston has been in the playoffs for virtually 30’yeara straight and has one Cup to show for it. 

The core is young, we have great prospects, and play a system that gets us to the playoffs annually. And you cannot discount Rod’s value as a developer of talent. 

Rod isn’t going anywhere, nor should he. 

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Sadly, that should be all the reason we need to not bring Rod back... His assistants are ass

Gleason is ass??

I definitely would like to see Jeff Daniels move on to Chicago or somewhere else, but Gleason is not ass.

12 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Man, I hurt. This hurts. The Canes future doesnt look too good. The panthers arent going to be good as long as Bryce is here. Sad time to be a Carolina pro sports team fan.

the outcome this year sucks for sure but the Canes future is still extremely bright. great cap situation, great young players already locked up long term, and great prospect pool. we'll get over the hump eventually

Neither Freddie or Pyotr were going to win this series for us.  Our special teams let us down big time and got us in a 3-0 hole.  The PK got better, the PP was pretty much non-existent.

Our team's shooting % was 8.5.  8.5!!!  Atrocious.  It was 11.2% vs. the Islanders.  The Rangers shooting % was 12.7% against us, around 14% against Washington. 

Bottom line is we sucked offensively....again.  Pyotr or Freddie had to play lights out to win this series and it didn't happen.

Freddie in Games 1, 2, 4, 5, 6:

image.png.4309fd9cbe7c9b10f59d83dd08d699f9.png

image.png.c73f305b2a0c4b73a8ed6e2df77a0d12.png

image.png.03ef4daa59e8eb01b186931d9f0debee.png

image.png.62e418db0abd5c9d47dafee0912ca95f.png

image.png.94e246ce5632872af634fcf5d9a5a738.png

Pyotr in Game 3:

image.png.3119f2ae0b1b0726a4eccdd559f30b3b.png

4 hours ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

Peters is the future, not PK for the record. Hopefully we’ve seen Freddie’s last game as a Cane. He had a great performance in the playoffs last season and for what he went through this year, it is hard for me to blame him. You have to blame Rod for putting Freddie in this situation. 

Do I think Rod should be fired? lol, no. It’s hard as fug to win a Cup. Boston has been in the playoffs for virtually 30’yeara straight and has one Cup to show for it. 

The core is young, we have great prospects, and play a system that gets us to the playoffs annually. And you cannot discount Rod’s value as a developer of talent. 

Agree on Rod. But are you referring to Perets? The undersized 24 year old goalie that wasn’t very good in the ECHL this year?

1 minute ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

Agree on Rod. But are you referring to Perets? The undersized 24 year old goalie that wasn’t very good in the ECHL this year?

Yeah I’m still hungover lol and not thinking clearly. 

I meant Ruslan Khazheyev. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

Koochie is absolutely the future of this team. I believe he finally isn’t considered a rookie anymore becasue how much he okayed this year. Koochie after December was rated third best goalie in the league. This guy is the real deal and for the canes to finally win a cup, it must be from a younger goalie. Not Freddie or another aging guy. 

13 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Koochie is absolutely the future of this team. I believe he finally isn’t considered a rookie anymore becasue how much he okayed this year. Koochie after December was rated third best goalie in the league. This guy is the real deal and for the canes to finally win a cup, it must be from a younger goalie. Not Freddie or another aging guy. 

The future is Ruslan. 

21 minutes ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

He signed a 3 year ELC just last month. Look him up. He is a better prospect than Kooch was. 

If and when Koochie is given the keys he will be a top 5 goalie in this league.  I believe in my heart he is the guy. Home grown Vs free agent pickups like all of our last goalies