• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does the Canales era have a new vibe?

Should’ve hired Mike Vrabel. We needed a Dawg for a HC who isn’t afraid to tell it how it is and change the culture. Also an alpha presence who the players not only respect but fear. Canales reminds me of of my overly energetic JV football coach who was trying too hard. Hope I’m wrong. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Sounds like someone who isn’t fully confident in his ability as a HC. If you start winning, you don’t get replaced. He is waiting for a perfect opening like Sean Payton did and that started off rough fit him already. He could have drafted his QB in Washington and built a roster around him pretty quickly IMO. 

On 5/28/2024 at 1:25 AM, flagfootballcoach28 said:

Should’ve hired Mike Vrabel. We needed a Dawg for a HC who isn’t afraid to tell it how it is and change the culture. Also an alpha presence who the players not only respect but fear. Canales reminds me of of my overly energetic JV football coach who was trying too hard. Hope I’m wrong. 

Word is that Vrabel wants a good bit of roster control. That was his issue at Tennessee. He wanted more control than the new GM wanted him to have. 

He's a likeable guy and we'll see how he responds when the bullets are flying.  I'm cautiously optimistic but the Tepper regime has made sooooooooooo many bad moves that it is tough to trust anything he or his wife are involved with and I don't believe for a second that they didn't participate in this process.  

I have friends that work for several NFL teams and they say Dan Morgan is the real deal so this is encouraging.  

• Pie 1