• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caleb Williams is struggling big time in OTAs

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Well what I heard during the combine was very different. It was said that the top 4 was in the 90's with Youngs being the highest. That's why I didn't understand the butthurt from everyone. All 4 had similar measurables with Young being the exception in the height and weight category. That's why Young and Stroud went 1 and 2. Richardson didn't have the playing experience so I can see why he went as qb 3. Levis was just weird in too many ways to take that high. That's how I remember the combine broadcast talk. I was stuck at home so I watched it all and had to listen to all the talk from the knowitalls. 

https://wonderlictestpractice.com/s2-test-scores-for-2023-quarterbacks/

It's why they were even asking Stroud about his score in that sports illustrated article in which he responded "I'm a football players not a test taker" which I kind of liked.  There were rumors stirring around CJ might drop to the Raiders but the NFL GMs weren't that dumb.  

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, travisura said:

Him sucking sure would take the sting out of us gifting him to Chicago

Agreed but I’m not going to root against him or anything. Just don’t care that much and I’ve moved on from our disastrous 2023

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://wonderlictestpractice.com/s2-test-scores-for-2023-quarterbacks/

It's why they were even asking Stroud about his score in that sports illustrated article in which he responded "I'm a football players not a test taker" which I kind of liked.  There were rumors stirring around CJ might drop to the Raiders but the NFL GMs weren't that dumb.  

Goes to show you it's not the end all be all some want to make it out to be. That came out after the combine didn't it?

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Goes to show you it's not the end all be all some want to make it out to be. That came out after the combine didn't it?

It could have.  I don't remember the exact timing but it was close to the draft.  Regardless yeah it kind of made the S2 seem irrelevant as shown by the lack of attention it received this year.  

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I thought it was around the time of the Combine but it may have been afterwards and mixed into the post-Combine talk 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It could have.  I don't remember the exact timing but it was close to the draft.  Regardless yeah it kind of made the S2 seem irrelevant as shown by the lack of attention it received this year.  

I mean, if your "cheat code" test labels one guy basically a sure thing and he looks like trash and labels another guy bottom of the barrel and he has the best rookie seasons ever... oh wee mayne. That's pretty much a kill shot.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, if your "cheat code" test labels one guy basically a sure thing and he looks like trash and labels another guy bottom of the barrel and he has the best rookie seasons ever... oh wee mayne. That's pretty much a kill shot.

Night Night Shut Up GIF by Caged Steel

• Pie 1

Using the S2 score alone amounts to saying 1 measurable like the strongest arm is all you need to predict a sure thing is ridiculous. If that's all it took then what's the point of every other measurable? No, it's just another thing someone will use to complain about why they didn't get what they wanted.

34 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Using the S2 score alone amounts to saying 1 measurable like the strongest arm is all you need to predict a sure thing is ridiculous. If that's all it took then what's the point of every other measurable? No, it's just another thing someone will use to complain about why they didn't get what they wanted.

Yeah there is no magical test that tells you how good a QB will be.  You have to look at tape, potential, character, and then they need to go to a good system where they can develop.  It seems to be the toughest position to project.  

• Pie 1

I dont need Caleb Williams to suck to feel better about the Bryce Young trade. I need Bryce Young to be elite to feel better about the Bryce Young trade. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

44 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I wanted a good QB. Based on how Tepper raved about Bryce's "super processing" and his love for "analytics" it's logical to surmise that there's a good chance that he was a big believer in the S2 test. I want to say that maybe Joe Person even reported such. Fair Joe Person mockery aside, he certainly has a helluva better organizational sources than my non-existent ones.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah there is no magical test that tells you how good a QB will be.  You have to look at tape, potential, character, and then they need to go to a good system where they can develop.  It seems to be the toughest position to project.  

It is. It is one the if not the most important thing. The coaches and qb pairing must be right or it's a wasted pick.

• Pie 1