• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers draft Armanti Edwards

Car123

I mentioned this in another thread, but he could also be our 3rd string QB. His college stats are better than Cantwell's. So we could only carry 2 QBs this season so that we can carry more special teams guys that have a higher chance of seeing the field than Cantwell.

Maybe... but they listed him as WR when they announced his name as our 3rd pick. I see them using him as a KR/PR given his speed and moves... at least to start with.

Maybe... but they listed him as WR when they announced his name as our 3rd pick. I see them using him as a KR/PR given his speed and moves... at least to start with.

Just because he's listed as a WR doesnt mean thats the only position he can play. He has the ability to play QB and we dont have to carry 3 QBs on the roster because of that.

He has never played a down at receiver at any level in his life. He's never ran a single route competitively. He weighs like 175.

It's laughable and inexcusable to pick him this high and to give up a second rounder to do so. And I'm saying that as someone that really really liked Armanti at App.

Guest silver82blade

the only thing i'm upset with at this point is we're not gonna get trindon holliday later in all likelyhood. i've wanted him on our team since i saw him play years ago. i've waited patiently for him to go out for the draft knowing we've always needed a return man. oh well though, i'll take edwards any day. jonathan stewart is sitting at home like "wtf damn! when am i gonna get the ball now??" this offense has too many weapons. load 'em up. i'm ready for the season to start.

if he turns into the next Joshua Cribbs....it would be a fantastic pick. Hard to argue he doesn't have the ability to pull that off.....Edwards is amazing to watch. The pick in regards to our needs is a headscratcher....but he is raw and unqiue talent.

Just because he's listed as a WR doesnt mean thats the only position he can play. He has the ability to play QB and we dont have to carry 3 QBs on the roster because of that.

Now don't go getting all frothy... I did say "maybe" about your 3rd string QB quote, didn't I? ;)

Archived