• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwayne Jarrett to be cut *rumor*

App Panther

He showed 'some' improvement last year, but as of now we have 9 WRs on the roster & if he is role-modeling poor effort, than we should cut him. Otherwise, we should get through the pre-season & see what we have with the other WRs first, IMO.

I'm sorry but I don't see the relevance.

"essentially the same guy". wtf does that even mean? try harder please.

Poor work ethic, all potential/no production, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane"...

Even picked in the same round.

I'm for giving him one last chance, but let's not pretend he's just some underused gem here. He's in danger of being cut as much for his own failings as he is anything the coaches think.

I think it'll be interesting to see what Jarrett can do with an accurate QB.

If you look back at the tape he does get open. He just doesn't get huge separation. There is a window to put the ball into and he shields the defender pretty well, it's just going to take a QB that's comfortable throwing the ball to him with an accurate enough arm. Clausen could be that guy.

It's not a vote of confidence with all the WRs we picked up though. Jarrett must know it's now or never.

Like Eric Shelton was?

Jarrett and Shelton are essentially the same guy.

That said, I don't buy that he's let go prior to the last camp cut.

You do realize Shelton had a grand total 8 carries right and a whopping 2.9 YPC. Thats his career not a game. How exactly is this relevant to Jarrett (388 yards 12 YPC)? Jarrett is nowhere near the bust Shelton was.

And I really wish people would go back and watch some of the games he was on the field this year and watch him. He is reasonably open more times then not. Might be because of Smith but the kid is nowhere near as bad as people are making him our to be.

Archived