• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dish and NFL

Speed

Just down graded to 120 from silver 200. 200 cost 93$. Now to $70 ish. 3 tvs. 1 duar dvr. HD on the DVR and one TV. They were going to go up another $15 in 3 months for something.

How are you Mark? Hope you are well. obami sock it to you with the tan bed tax.

I was looking to see if they still offered the TurboHD packages. Just HD channels and the packages were a $10-$20 cheaper than the regular packs. Since they just changed everything over for the new quarter, we still don't have all the updated info but it might be something to ask about. If I remember right, the TurboHD Silver package was the equivalent to the America's Top 200 but at $39.99. That was last year's price though so it probably went up if it's still available.

Doing good I guess. Our tanners don't seem to mind the new tax yet but it hasn't started yet either. Come July it might be different. :P

I was looking to see if they still offered the TurboHD packages. Just HD channels and the packages were a $10-$20 cheaper than the regular packs. Since they just changed everything over for the new quarter, we still don't have all the updated info but it might be something to ask about. If I remember right, the TurboHD Silver package was the equivalent to the America's Top 200 but at $39.99. That was last year's price though so it probably went up if it's still available.

Doing good I guess. Our tanners don't seem to mind the new tax yet but it hasn't started yet either. Come July it might be different. :P

If you have a plan for under $50, tell me what it is. Please!

i just switched from dish network paying $89 a month to direct tv's choice extra plan @ $35/month. getting the same channels.

How many TVs do you have?

Do you have a DVR or a Hi-Def feed?

What did you have you were paying $89 for?

Looks like you have 2 standard recievers, no DVR and no Hi-Def.

Even with the first year discounts Direct TV shows $39.99 per month.

Or do you have a single, SD TV?

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp

How many TVs do you have?

Do you have a DVR or a Hi-Def feed?

What did you have you were paying $89 for?

Looks like you have 2 standard recievers, no DVR and no Hi-Def.

Even with the first year discounts Direct TV shows $39.99 per month.

Or do you have a single, SD TV?

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp

actually 4 tvs. 2 standards, 1 hi def, 1 hi def DVR so i guess it's 10 bucks mnore a month or something like that.

i was paying dish network for 3 standard receivers.

actually 4 tvs. 2 standards, 1 hi def, 1 hi def DVR so i guess it's 10 bucks mnore a month or something like that.

i was paying dish network for 3 standard receivers.

Yeah, so $35 per month might have been a little misleading.

4 TVs, 1 Hi-def reciever, 1 hi-def DVR, 2 standard receivers shows $66.99 a month to start during the promotional period. You must be getting one hell of a deal.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp?topnavtype=-1

This. I laugh every time someone thinks their choice for TV is drastically better than the rest. They're ALL out to make money off you. If one was a SUPER DEAL and so much better than the rest, everyone would be with them.

Yeah, I notice every couple of months the bill seems to add a few dollars then before you know it, you're paying almost double the amount of what they told you what you would pay.

Hidden fees and all that BS.

"SUPER DEAL TRIPLE PACKAGE...Satellite, Phone and High Speed internet FOR $69.99 the FIRST 12 MONTHS!!!!1!!" Plus interest and apocalypse issuance

This. I laugh every time someone thinks thier choice for TV is drastically better than the rest. They're ALL out to make money off you. If one was a SUPER DEAL and so much better than the rest, everyone would be with them.
meh, they all have good deals...for new customers for a year or two.

just bail on them once the deal is up and become a "new" customer of the other one.

Will never leave directv. Would be a fool to. They have the best packages, and the only 1 with nfl Sunday ticket.

It is always a good idea to call up a manager every once in awhile to complain about something. Anything. They are real good about giving credit or aa discount to keep their customers happy. There is a reason they are the #1 rated service!

Archived