• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

10 wins or bust?

Ohio

Not a chance we go 6-10.. Lloyd Christmas isn't taking snaps for us this year and we salvaged an 8-8 record last year through some very tough times. Schedule isn't nearly as tough this year as it was last year.

WIth that being said we go undefeated... :)

Well I hope so. It just looks like a rebuilding year. We will see lots of promise from our draft picks but I don't think Edwards/Lafell/Jarrett, Everrette Brown/Hardy, Clausen/Moore, etc are going to gel and win 10 games.

But you never know, maybe we run the ball so well and Moore has a great start. I just see us winning a SB in 2012... not 2010/11

We are due to be good this year. In the Fox 'era', we have always followed an underachieving season with a good one (of course, in 2002, 7-9 was a HUGE improvement over the previous 1-15!). We play a weak schedule this year. I think 10 wins is well within both our grasp and expectations.

I believe Moore is the real deal. I'm not saying he's Hall Of fame material, but he is a great fit for this team, he knows the system, he's young, and mechanically he's better than Jake ever was. If he distributes the ball around and looks his receivers off properly, there's no limit to what might happen! We have to get to "that place" where our offense produces even if the running game has been contained, or if we fall behind where running isn't the option. If we get there, look out, and for some years to come at that!

Always???? What happened from 2006- 8-8 to 2007- 7-9??

Always???? What happened from 2006- 8-8 to 2007- 7-9??

Well, can't argue with the record. But 2007 was somewhat of an aberration, given how Jake was hurt most of the year. We were 4-2 thru the bye week that year, then the wheels fell off, and it had everything to do with the QB situation.

Well, can't argue with the record. But 2007 was somewhat of an aberration, given how Jake was hurt most of the year. We were 4-2 thru the bye week that year, then the wheels fell off, and it had everything to do with the QB situation.

But every year that we have a poor season it is something. In 2009 it was injuries on the defensive side and poor quarterback play. Who knows this year. To have a winning record we will have to have things fall our way and everyone and their backups play well as well as get lucky without injuries to key players. If we do we might have a winning record. If not we are staring at 8-8 at best. Teams that win consistently have depth at most key positions. We rarely do other than running back and linebacker.

But every year that we have a poor season it is something. In 2009 it was injuries on the defensive side and poor quarterback play. Who knows this year. To have a winning record we will have to have things fall our way and everyone and their backups play well as well as get lucky without injuries to key players. If we do we might have a winning record. If not we are staring at 8-8 at best. Teams that win consistently have depth at most key positions. We rarely do other than running back and linebacker.

But, that holds true for most teams.

Poor QB play and key injuries will likely derail any team. Image the Saints without Brees....or the Colts without Payton.....or the Chargers without Rivers.

The team that usually wins it all is the one who stays healthy.

I think the difference this year is that we're starting with uncertainties. But that's better than having them sprung on you in the way injuries do. Have a little faith in the coaching staff, they know what they have an will be looking around the veteran FA market if they aren't comfortable with any position.

But, that holds true for most teams.

Poor QB play and key injuries will likely derail any team. Image the Saints without Brees....or the Colts without Payton.....or the Chargers without Rivers.

The team that usually wins it all is the one who stays healthy.

No doubt the quarterback can derail any defense or if they play great, cover up some deficiencies. And certainly injuries hurt everyone. Some teams just have better systems which are more quarterback friendly or a knack for plugging guys in who perform. I am hopeful that Davidson will use his experience with Weiss to help us develop better schemes which take advantage of the defensive mismatches. We know there willl be injuries, I worry about the expereince of our backups. In the past we brought in veterans to patch the holes like Thomas last year. With the insistence on the youth movement I wonder if we will do that now or use rookies and draft picks exclusively.

I think the difference this year is that we're starting with uncertainties. But that's better than having them sprung on you in the way injuries do. Have a little faith in the coaching staff, they know what they have an will be looking around the veteran FA market if they aren't comfortable with any position.

Uncertainties with starters and backups as well isn't exactly a recipe for success. Still I do agree with you that Meeks and Baker are pretty good at making the most of what they have. I would hate to lose them since they aren't under contract after this year. If Fox goes, I could see him taking them with him.

I wonder how many of those free agents we will pick up this year. In the past we plugged holes pretty well. I somehow doubt we will go with that many veterans and instead rely on only young guys. Seems to be the trend.

Archived