• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo or Stewart

Ohio

DeAngelo Williams or Jonathan Stewart  

79 members have voted

1. 1. DeAngelo Williams or Jonathan Stewart

• DeAngelo Williams
    • Jonathan Stewart

I refuse to participate in this poll. This is probably the 11,000th "d-lo vs j-stew" thread I've seen since we signed both. Both are good, neither has really shown he is better than the other, and we should keep both of them for as long as we can.

If I'm John Fox, Marty Hurney, or Jerry Richardson, I'm gonna go with DW. For the simple fact that we've spent years trying to find an elusive back with DW's talent, and he's really the first one we've found. Yet, we've found several backs with bruiser-like running styles like Stewart's over the past ten seasons. Don't get me wrong though, Stewart is the best bruiser back we've ever had... but I'd go out on a limb and say we could find another one like him or close to his skill level in the next three or four seasons.

However, there's nothing better than having both on a team that mainly relies on the running game. It'd be dumb as hell to get rid of either one of these guys before they're too old to run it anymore. Should Fox get an extension, I see both of these backs retiring in a Panthers jersey!

Actually if you are Richardson, Hurney or Fox you aren't going for Williams automatically. You already have Stewart signed under a rookie contract for cheap through 2012. The question is whether you can afford to keep Williams. If the price is right you would keep him under a 3 or 4 year contract. But unless you plan to trade Stewart which would be foolish as long as he is cheap, there is no way you let Stewart go at this point. So the only issue is affording Williams if you actually are Fox, Hurney or Richardson.

The discussion of either or is fine for an off-season debate but doesn't really mirror the reality of the situation at all. I bring it up with you simply because you actually mentioned the front office as an issue.

If I'm John Fox, Marty Hurney, or Jerry Richardson, I'm gonna go with DW. For the simple fact that we've spent years trying to find an elusive back with DW's talent, and he's really the first one we've found. Yet, we've found several backs with bruiser-like running styles like Stewart's over the past ten seasons. Don't get me wrong though, Stewart is the best bruiser back we've ever had... but I'd go out on a limb and say we could find another one like him or close to his skill level in the next three or four seasons.

However, there's nothing better than having both on a team that mainly relies on the running game. It'd be dumb as hell to get rid of either one of these guys before they're too old to run it anymore. Should Fox get an extension, I see both of these backs retiring in a Panthers jersey!

Actually if you are Richardson, Hurney or Fox you aren't going for Williams automatically. You already have Stewart signed under a rookie contract for cheap through 2012. The question is whether you can afford to keep Williams. If the price is right you would keep him under a 3 or 4 year contract. But unless you plan to trade Stewart which would be foolish as long as he is cheap, there is no way you let Stewart go at this point. So the only issue is affording Williams if you actually are Fox, Hurney or Richardson.

The discussion of either or is fine for an off-season debate but doesn't really mirror the reality of the situation at all. I bring it up with you simply because you actually mentioned the front office as an issue.

To be honest if your one of those three, I don't think it really matters who you go with, becaue you may not be here next season.

ass

Really? Tits doesn't fart, so I go with that. :thumbsup: :D

And as for Williams & Stewart, I got to pick Williams on this. He is just more speedy & our "Barry Sanders". Stewart is fast as well, but more of a bruiser as some mention it here. I think being a bruiser RB, you're likely going to suffer more injuries & get too much wear on your body with getting tacklers off of you. Williams isn't the bruiser RB like that, so I'm going with him on this.

To be completely honest.

Williams has missed time in more than 1 season.

Williams has more milage, both college and nfl combined.

We"ve already gotten the best years out of williams. he still has a couple years of good production though.

Stewart is younger, stronger, will remain cheaper in the immediate future.

Stewart fits the running style the team current employs.

Stewart hasn't practiced much, but he hasn't missed as much time. Not only that, but stewart we haven't even seen the best out of stewart yet.

I'm going to address a few other things. Having over 1.000 yard isn't much of an accomplishment anymore. That is 62.5 yards a game. To try to compare these 2 backs with yards, when they both share the load is short sited at best.

I hate Fiametta, whenever he gets in the game I hold my breath.

If he gets the opportunity to run the ball he either fumbles or gets tackled for a loss.

If he gets the opportunity to catch the ball he drops it.

If he gets the opportunity to block for an RB he misses the assignment.

I think he is just a bad football player.

ur a fool

fiametta has only started two games and he hasnt caught any passes or had any carries

where r u getting ur information?

To be honest if your one of those three, I don't think it really matters who you go with, becaue you may not be here next season.

The only likely to be gone next year will be Fox. Hurney has been given a contract extension and Richardson will be here as long as he is alive.

ur a fool

fiametta has only started two games and he hasnt caught any passes or had any carries

where r u getting ur information?

When he is given the chance, he blows it. Everytime he gets in the game he does something wrong. Which is why he doesn't play much. Why else did we go out and get Tyrell Sutton? Who is the fool now?

Archived