• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

World Cup is here

Ja  Rhule

I gave it a try, but the overall lack of excitement just didn't do it for me. Only scoring twice in a two hour period, and only having 4 or 5 real scoring chances per team just didn't cut it for me. As far as all the little "nuances" go, that's fine for about 10 minutes or so, but if no one is threatening to score, it gets old.

Not having a winner, or simply being so content to accept the game ending in a tie that you don't even have an over time period, gives the impression that winning isn't that important to the sport... and at this level of any sport, winning should be the only thing that matters. (That's not saying that it isn't, but to casual observers that's how it appears..)

Exactly, this pretty much sealed it for me to never give it a try. It's the WORLD cup and a game can end in a tie? Gimme a break.

Great game today by the US, I'll admit the goal was probably the worst ever, but hey sht happens. The US played a good game, and Tim Howard proved he is among the best in the world. I really think the US could make a run in this World Cup

I gave it a try, but the overall lack of excitement just didn't do it for me. Only scoring twice in a two hour period, and only having 4 or 5 real scoring chances per team just didn't cut it for me. As far as all the little "nuances" go, that's fine for about 10 minutes or so, but if no one is threatening to score, it gets old.

Not having a winner, or simply being so content to accept the game ending in a tie that you don't even have an over time period, gives the impression that winning isn't that important to the sport... and at this level of any sport, winning should be the only thing that matters. (That's not saying that it isn't, but to casual observers that's how it appears..)

Where did you watch this match at?

Like someone mentioned, Round Robin stage shows the difference of soccer. You play each team and you can survive based on points and goal dif.

Next round is a different story and there will be no ties.

Where did you watch this match at?

Like someone mentioned, Round Robin stage shows the difference of soccer. You play each team and you can survive based on points and goal dif.

Next round is a different story and there will be no ties.

Nope.... they'll just stop all the action and it will come down to penalty kicks.

Archived