• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Add me to the list of Huddle dads

CharlotteBeer.com

Congrats!

My advice....take care of yourself, so you can better take care of your family.

Be patient with wife and kids. Very patient, and kind.

They learn how to treat other people from watching you and the wife interact and they learn from day 1.

Congrats!

My advice....take care of yourself, so you can better take care of your family.

Be patient with wife and kids. Very patient, and kind.

They learn how to treat other people from watching you and the wife interact and they learn from day 1.

Thanks man, that's great advice.

I've already been thinking about your first point. I haven't been to the doctor for a checkup in a while, so I guess I'll do that soon.

12-15 a day? Holy crap. *runs to babies r us*

At first, yeah. So make sure you have a lot of the newborn size diapers.

Also those little white button shirts you buy in a pack are perfect for the first few weeks so the umbilical cord can dry out and it's easy access to the diapers.

12-15 a day? Holy crap. *runs to babies r us*

Don't buy too many!

You may find you don't like certain brands and the little one will be moving on to a new size in a month or two.

I know people who have done this and had a couple hundred dollars of diapers they can't use.

Also, Sams is the place to buy diapers. Babies r us is the last place to buy diapers.

My sister bought all the baby clothes at consignment shops. Again, not being a father, I wouldn't know if that is a good idea or not (saving money wise).

Most of my kids clothes come from a consignment shop. They are in good condition and he isn't in them that long anways.

Crazy 8s and old navy and good too.

Try to score as many clothes from friends and relatives as posible, since they shoot thru that first year real fast.

Diapers, eh. Pick a brand that fits his/her ass the best and buckle up.

I've been diapering for going on 5 years now with the 4 yo and 2 yo. Soon, it will come to a merciful end.

I like Old Navy for new kid clothes. Cheap, not the best quality but last for the 2 or 3 wearings you get out of them anyway. Plus the sales and coupons can get you the basics like onesies, shorts, tshirts, etc. for a couple bucks each.

Get a membership to Costco or Sam's Club for diapers and wipes. And stow two extra diapers in the trunk of your car. Trust me.

Get a digital read thermometer and look for Boudreau's Butt Paste -- best stuff ever for diaper rash. Gripe water (get it at Whole Foods or Health Food stores) will help with colic.

Oh yeah, sleep now, sleep often.

Oh yeah, and if you think you'll get sick trying to change a diaper, try singing to the kid. It'll take your mind off of it and keep them from wriggling. One of mine liked the Mickey Mouse Club theme song, the other loves Three Dog Night's "Joy to the World (Jeremiah was a bullfrog). It's goofy as heck, but it works. Later on, those songs can be soothing when they have a nightmare or a case of the can't-help-its.

And congratulations! It's a really big deal, enjoy it! Go to the ultrasounds, it's the coolest thing on 8-bit graphics since Donkey Kong!

first of all...congrats!!!

advice...

1. make sure it's yours.....I'm kidding!!!

live it up and prepare for your life to change!

drink and party your ass off while you can utilize your wife as a designated driver

enjoy the swell of the boobage!!! Motorboat them bigguns on a daily basis!

buy used as much as you can...spending full price on clothes he or she might wear twice is silly!

an my personal opinion...pass on knowing the child's sex until the day of arrival...it sooo much becomes part of the whole process

get a good baby bag...new if needed. this will save you lots of headaches down the road. Make sure it is always loaded with extra diapers/creams/gripe water/clothes/soother The more poo you can pack into that bag, the less time you will waste running around the house when you really want to be hopping into the family truckster for a trip to family/friends/super market/liquor store!

ya your life is over yadda yadda yadda......

anyway now that thats over, congrats buddy!!! thats awesome!! hope the baby is healthy and hope everything goes ok for you... Mine is now 6 months old and man how time flys!!!

Couple of words of wisdom...

Get as much sleep as possible ofcourse

Make sure when the baby comes your the nicest husband in the world.

Spend as much time as possible with the baby when she/he is really young (trust me it helps if your wife wants to get a break from the house).

Try to have like tons of baby showers and put every single item you want in a registry so people will buy shiit for you and not get you crap you already have.

Make sure you start early with the room for the baby, because once the baby comes you and your wife will have no time for anything.

After she is through her first trimester go on a vacation, trust me you won't be able to go on one for a year minimum.

and Good luck buddy your life will change forever and in a good way!! :thumbsup:

Archived