• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Biggest sellout group or band?

The Saltman

Yeah, that was about the time their label decided Brandon was total chick bait and turned the band into pop ballad crap.

S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is on my top 10 list of all time albums.

ditto

God that album rocks so much

Music is hands down their best.. I havent bought a 311 disc since '311'..I boycotted them for a long time. Something to do with meeting them and them being straight dicks. A good friend blazed them out on their bus, and they told him to leave immediately afterwards. He said "But I just smoked the Killer with y'all.." They told him he was "every guy in every town". Another buddy found out where their hotel was and went to tried to hang out, but was told "No dudes, only girls" Sort of understandable..If I lack respect for teh band, their music just isnt as appealing...

Can't say I've ever heard anything like that, I've always heard they treat their fans better than most.

I also haven't known anybody go out on their own and try to hang out with them, though.

if an underground band becomes popular and changes BECAUSE of the popularity, then it's fair to brand them as sellouts.

if said underground band simply becomes popular, branding them sellouts because everyone likes them is just ignorant. unfortunately most people make these accusations in utter ignorance, not stopping to contemplate artistic evolution as a component of changing music style and lyrical content.

i'm not the world's biggest Green Day fan, but i believe this is the case with billie joe armstrong and co. they became popular because their songs were awesome, not because they catered to the highest common denominator.

Eh. Based on that, I'll give you a pass. I just wasn't aware that Sugar Ray ever had fans. Its like saying Hanson sold out.

I will agree, incubus went downhill quick.

I wasn't a fan but I was aware of them, I was just shocked by how much their music changed when they got popular.

Green Day

Metallica

Rise Against

Pretty much nailed the big three for me. All of these 3 used to be edgy and raw, now they are just radio fodder.

But like others said, selling out is the dream. To quote a Tool song...

All you know about me is what I've sold you,

Dumb fug

I sold out long before you ever even heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record,

Dip poo

And then you bought one.

Archived