• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Motor

twylyght

IF Hardy does turn out to be as good as advertised, I would love to see a version of the NYG's 4 Aces they used to run under Spagnola.

Brown and Hardy as your LE and RE with Brayton and Johnson as your DT's. In this scenario you could also bring Norwood in as a LB to rush or drop to coverage. Those 5 guys could create a hell of a pass rush and with Norwood coming from any one of 3 LB spots you have mass chaos.

This worked well for the Giants when they had the personel to run it thier SB season.

We have the guys to do it and it could be fun to watch on passing downs.

We have definitely drafted this year to bring more pressure from other places besides the front four. Meeks seems to be opening up the Playbook this year.

Way to arbitrarly rate every QB in the league based on your own misconceptions. Now you should make a top 10 list.

OK... let me break the comment down as if you were 2. Moore isn't an elite QB. Don't expect it. He is simply just what the Panthers need. The examples were simply a way of expounding on that point.

If you'd like to actually contribute something by all means at least make the attempt. Otherwise, make another teen angst movie reference or say something clever to entertain everyone reading this. But for God's sake don't indulge your own mental midgetry thinking that you've actually said anything even bumper-sticker worthy.

While it's no secret that the pundits have written off the Panthers for 2010, I have been optimistic about our offseason direction. I firmly believe that the casual fan could see that we have gone the way of addition by subtraction.

Having read the Browns article regarding Jake's implosion, I am still game to believe that Jake is more of a liability in this offense than not. Looking at the games he won vs lost for us in 2009 leads me to believe that we would have been 3-5 games stronger in the win column with Moore at the helm alone should he have played the entire season out.QUOTE]

your telling me you believe last years team was capable of going 13-3 with matt moore at the helm. that is where i very much disagree.

your telling me you believe last years team was capable of going 13-3 with matt moore at the helm. that is where i very much disagree.

Fair enough. I'll go through my thoughts on the matter:

1) Carolina loses to Philly by 4 touchdowns. Jakes loses 5 turnovers all by himself in that game. I'm inclined to think that it would have been a loss anyway, but a game performance like that leads one to wonder.

2) Carolina loses to Atlanta by a touchdown. One of those came after an interception with our backs to the endzone. The touchdown that could have even tied it at that point was intercepted in the endzone by the game's end.

3) Carolina loses to Dallas after an interception run-in for score.

4) Carolina loses to Bufallo. There is little dispute that this was on Jake

5) Carolina loses to the Saints after holding a 2-TD lead. Delhomme's inability to finish plays to continue drives coupled with a costly fumble leading to a Saints score along with a missed opportunity in the end-zone leads me to believe that this is a game that got away.

6) Carolina loses to Miami by a touchdown. Another interception for Jake with a dismal performance by the team overall. Still a QB rating of just over 60 leads one to wonder what could have been.

7) Carolina loses to the Jets by 11 points with a 4-interception performance by Jake. One of those was so bad that it was returned 67 yards for a TD.

With three of those games clearly in the Jake corner of blame, I took the 50-50 rule with the remaining 4 games as the margins of loss were not outside the margins of error displayed by Jake during those contests. That isn't even to mention the games against Tampa and AZ where we won in spite of Jake rather than because of him.

So, in my eyes, the play of Jake and the addition of Hollis Thomas to the interior line were the two biggest factors in last year's record. The difference in play that was exhibited when these pieces were changed during the course of last season seems most clearly obvious when looking back at how it all played out. Hence my conclusions.

Fair enough. I'll go through my thoughts on the matter:

1) Carolina loses to Philly by 4 touchdowns. Jakes loses 5 turnovers all by himself in that game. I'm inclined to think that it would have been a loss anyway, but a game performance like that leads one to wonder.

2) Carolina loses to Atlanta by a touchdown. One of those came after an interception with our backs to the endzone. The touchdown that could have even tied it at that point was intercepted in the endzone by the game's end.

3) Carolina loses to Dallas after an interception run-in for score.

4) Carolina loses to Bufallo. There is little dispute that this was on Jake

5) Carolina loses to the Saints after holding a 2-TD lead. Delhomme's inability to finish plays to continue drives coupled with a costly fumble leading to a Saints score along with a missed opportunity in the end-zone leads me to believe that this is a game that got away.

6) Carolina loses to Miami by a touchdown. Another interception for Jake with a dismal performance by the team overall. Still a QB rating of just over 60 leads one to wonder what could have been.

7) Carolina loses to the Jets by 11 points with a 4-interception performance by Jake. One of those was so bad that it was returned 67 yards for a TD.

With three of those games clearly in the Jake corner of blame, I took the 50-50 rule with the remaining 4 games as the margins of loss were not outside the margins of error displayed by Jake during those contests. That isn't even to mention the games against Tampa and AZ where we won in spite of Jake rather than because of him.

So, in my eyes, the play of Jake and the addition of Hollis Thomas to the interior line were the two biggest factors in last year's record. The difference in play that was exhibited when these pieces were changed during the course of last season seems most clearly obvious when looking back at how it all played out. Hence my conclusions.

ok very good arguments by you (that sounds sarcastic but it is not), but in my mind Delhomme only blew games against the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. Did Delhomme play horrible agsint the Eagles, yes he did, but I also dont remember the team playing that great as a whole anyway. I would have to look at the box score, but I also do remember the O-line not give Jake a chance that game.

i just do not think last years team was as good as the year before which i honestly felt should have been in the super bowl, and that team went 12-4.

ok very good arguments by you (that sounds sarcastic but it is not), but in my mind Delhomme only blew games against the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. Did Delhomme play horrible agsint the Eagles, yes he did, but I also dont remember the team playing that great as a whole anyway. I would have to look at the box score, but I also do remember the O-line not give Jake a chance that game.

i just do not think last years team was as good as the year before which i honestly felt should have been in the super bowl, and that team went 12-4.

I think if they switched over to Moore after the Eagles game, Carolina could've went 10-6 or 11-5. It's one of those could've, should have, but didn't things.

Archived