• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you like for RG next year????

SorthNarolina

I think vincent and hangartner are both FAs this year, jermey bridges might be too

I like hangartner because he is versitile and there is not much of a dropoff between him and vincent

vincent is just a big road grader and does his job well but i doubt he could play center

bridges is also versitile, but at the same time he's not exactly the most well behaved, but he does play well in the reserve role.

honestly if a very talented rookie fell to us high in the draft i wouldn't be unhappy if we chose him, but I don't think it's really a need

Pretty sure Vincent will be back, but also think they'll bring in more competition.

You're right, Vincent will have 1 year left on his contract. It would be great if we could get someone in the later rounds of the draft that could be a fixture at the RG spot, though. It's been a bit of a revolving door before this season and we need to develop a young starter at that spot when Vincent is done.

Love Vincent and the way he played this year. Don't want a repeat of Hartwig with his groin injury. I've said over and over again on this board, "It took him (Vincent) almost 2 years to recover from his last groin injury." Keep him, but he may not be able to go. These are human beings, not Madden-bots, and his situation is as yet unresolved.

Hangman is a great backup, offer him that kind of money and if he leaves, he leaves. It's been really nice having a couple of competent, versatile guys ready on the OL bench for a change, but Bernadeau took snaps last preseason at center and could develop into a good backup/spot starter at center/guard. We kept this guy on the 53 man roster so other teams wouldn't pick him up from our practice squard for a reason, so they think they have something with him.

Personally? Draft Herman Johnson (LSU, OG) if he falls to us. He's bigger than Otah (6-7/350# range) with quick feet and good technique and the same kind of nasty. It's been nice having some real monster road graders. I would like to see it continue. This might be a moot point, as he's slated middle 2nd round right now, but I think he may move up out of our reach as draft day approaches. There are another couple of monster guards out there though, this is a pretty deep draft in that area. We have 4-5 position needs going into the draft/FA, and can only expect fill 2 at the most from the draft, probably only one. Since most of our needs are going to be filled by FA anyway, I wouldn't mind doing it this way.

Love Vincent and the way he played this year. Don't want a repeat of Hartwig with his groin injury. I've said over and over again on this board, "It took him (Vincent) almost 2 years to recover from his last groin injury." Keep him, but he may not be able to go. These are human beings, not Madden-bots, and his situation is as yet unresolved.

Hangman is a great backup, offer him that kind of money and if he leaves, he leaves. It's been really nice having a couple of competent, versatile guys ready on the OL bench for a change, but Bernadeau took snaps last preseason at center and could develop into a good backup/spot starter at center/guard. We kept this guy on the 53 man roster so other teams wouldn't pick him up from our practice squard for a reason, so they think they have something with him.

Personally? Draft Herman Johnson (LSU, OG) if he falls to us. He's bigger than Otah (6-7/350# range) with quick feet and good technique and the same kind of nasty. It's been nice having some real monster road graders. I would like to see it continue. This might be a moot point, as he's slated middle 2nd round right now, but I think he may move up out of our reach as draft day approaches. There are another couple of monster guards out there though, this is a pretty deep draft in that area. We have 4-5 position needs going into the draft/FA, and can only expect fill 2 at the most from the draft, probably only one. Since most of our needs are going to be filled by FA anyway, I wouldn't mind doing it this way.

Lets hope we get lucky and he falls. I'd love to get our line bigger, by the sound of it with a guy like that we can afford to lose hangman and have this dude as a 1st year road grading back up.

Hangman is a great backup, offer him that kind of money and if he leaves, he leaves.

I think they should offer Hangartner slightly more than backup money. He is good enough to be a low to mid-range starter at either C or OG, which is more than you can say for the average backup.

Anyway, on to the OPs question...If Vincent can get back to 100% then he'll be the starter. However, I'm skeptical because groin injuries are a bitch. I wouldn't want Hangman as the full-time starter, so they should probably bring in new blood to prepare for the worst (and the future).

Archived