• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking At Cincinnati...

Jbro

Just checking the lines for tonights game and saw next weeks early line is out. Carolina is only a 3 point dog next week? Can someone explain why? I know you get 3 points for being at home but the Bengals just beat the favorite to win the Superbowl, solid D and alot more weapons on Offense.

I come in peace. :D

I just want to learn a little bit more about your team before the game on Sunday, and I was wondering if you guys could fill me in. What are you expecting to see on Sunday? Good luck in advance, and let's hope for a minimal number of injuries. Also, if anyone wants a Bengals fan's opinion of his team, I'm happy to provide.

By the way, how's Tony Pike doing? I heard he was close to not making the cut, which is a shame... I'm a UC grad and loved seeing that kid lead our Bearcats to two Big East titles, and I hope he gets the chance to prove he can get it done in the NFL.

I just want to learn a little bit more about your team before the game on Sunday, and I was wondering if you guys could fill me in. What are you expecting to see on Sunday? Good luck in advance, and let's hope for a minimal number of injuries. Also, if anyone wants a Bengals fan's opinion of his team, I'm happy to provide.

By the way, how's Tony Pike doing? I heard he was close to not making the cut, which is a shame... I'm a UC grad and loved seeing that kid lead our Bearcats to two Big East titles, and I hope he gets the chance to prove he can get it done in the NFL.

Welcome. I don't think Pike will get any opportunities with this team. Clausen is head and shoulders ahead of him due to playing in the same system at Notre Dame.

Me personally, I am expected to see the bengals use Benson between the tackles to test our unheralded Dline, which inevitably will open up the pass. Not because you will be gashing us with Benson (who gets the tough yards), but because the run game will not work as well as you think it might. We have absolutely dominated in run defense the first 2 games.. take away the NYG's 2 meaningless longer runs at the end of the game and we had them for like 30 total rushing yards the whole game. Our secondary leaves something to be desired, so if Palmer is on point, he could have a field day.

I fully expect Clausen to get his first start against you guys, and I think it will be an upgrade over Matt Moore. He gave us a spark, and I think we can move the ball with him at the helm. I am hoping our oline will play harder with a new QB, but I think it will be a close game either way.

What are your thoughts on the game? What do you expect to see from us?

I'm expecting a low scoring game for both teams. Whoever wins will probably be the one that wins the turnover battle, and right now you guys would have to have the edge there regardless of who starts for us given how strong your corners are (and how weak our receivers are outside of #89).

Cincy is built to tear this team apart. Unless the DL looks 100% like they did in preseason....it will be a long day. They have the weapons that will force us to respect the run....and 2 WRs to exploit the problems in the secondary. With 1 WR don't see us being able to catch up......even with good QB play.

Bengals probably have the most underated CB in the NFL. Smitty will have a tough time getting open for big plays with Joseph on him.

Archived