• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's to blame if the Panthers suck this year?

Skew

Who's to blame if the Panthers suck this year?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who's to blame if the Panthers suck this year?

• F.O. for Hampering Fox & Hurney
    • Fox & Coaches take complete blame
    • Hurney for being in charge of talent brought in
    • Jerry Richardson for being a cheap ass owner
    • Players for not living up to their talent
    • Other (please explain)
    • Zod looks good in his mother's panties

Something I found on the Observer site.

charlesbright

wrote on 09/21/2010 04:05:22 PM:

I have been censored for....well for thinking yesterday and today. I've gone to the Editor about it, and supposedly everything is now OK for me to speak my mind. So I shall. At the risk of repeating myself again, here's the real problem thus far. I was rushed to get to a job this morning, but now have time to expand on my "J' Accuse" letter - "I believe everything is coming down from Mr. Richardson who is head of the owners committee negotiating with the players union. Mr Richardson is setting an example for other owners. It's business and Mr. Richardson does not play when it comes to business. Word went down to get rid of mostly all players with tenure. No doubt Fox's loyalty to players led him to argue with the decision, and that argument may have sealed Fox's fate with the Panthers. Fox would never have started a season without a seasoned QB, unless forced to do so. The acrimony quickly spread to other players and coaches, who are determined to see that the Panthers pay for their owners attacks on them. Moore was caught in a trap where he had coaches who refused to coach him up and intentionally making bad calls, and players who refused to protect him or play for him and intentionally trying to lose. I hope I'm wrong, but don't look for any great changes in support with Clausen being the new QB. What we are seeing, I'm afraid, is the front lines of a union war with the owners, and we Panthers fans are the only fans who are casualties of the war so far.

Something to think about, interesting...

All choices combined. No one single thing would make this team perform at the subpar level it has been performing at.
yeah, things really just didnt fall the right way for whatever reason this year so far. still there's a chance that thigns can get turned around. not so much turning it into a playoff team or anything but a 8-8 or 9-7 team? yeah, thats a possibility. with the schedule we have it's entirely possible.

on the counter of that i have little doubt that the weak teams we are facing look to the week they are playing us and think that is one of the few possible wins that they'll have. they're all 50/50 at this point.

still there's a chance that thigns can get turned around.

I think we'll see marked improvement over the course of the season. We have to much potential to not get better.

Yeah I'm not holding my breath for seeing us in the postseason this year. Crazier things have happened though.

Archived