• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this the same Offensive Line?

twylyght

Last year, they were KILLING better competition and opening holes big enough to drive cars through. This year? It's like the veterans are on roller skates!

If there ever was a time for the veterans to step up, this is it?! Instead we get mental mistakes, missed blocking assignments, an inexplicable inability to pass-protect OR run block any 300 lb douchebag with their hand in the dirt in front of them, false starts to kill drives on our home turf, and a general feeling that that QB is going to have to scramble at any given moment because of their lack of ability to do a DECENT job much less a good one.

The only unit making a run at doing as bad? The defensive backfield.... another group of veterans! Are our guys getting "coached down"? Does ANYONE have any feasible ideas of why the supposed strengths of our team playing in at least their second year in the system are playing as badly or worse than the rookies?

At the end of the year, Gross was hurt and Vincent was hurt, I believe. But, no, the Offensive Line is different than the opening weeks Offensive Line last year.

It was (From Left to Right)

Gross, Wharton, Kalil, Vincent, Otah

Our line now is (From Left to Right)

Gross, Wharton, Kalil, Bernadeau, Schwartz

So, yeah, it is slightly different than the one at the beginning of the year last year.

At the end of the year, Gross was hurt and Vincent was hurt, I believe. But, no, the Offensive Line is different than the opening weeks Offensive Line last year.

So, yeah, it is slightly different than the one at the beginning of the year last year.

And that Schwartz guy is not so good. I'd rather have Warty over there.

I know that Gross and Otah were out at the end of last year when we were killing the opposition that was better. Hence, the reference to better opposition in the original statement. Sorry for not making that clear. Thought it was understood given the context.

For the record, I would prefer to have Otah in the game and have maintained that stance since seeing this unit in preseason without him. I would also rather like to swee Schwartz at RG as his lateral movement is what seems to be most defunct with his game at present.

What the hell are you talking about?

When we destroyed the vikings and giants we were missing Gross and Otah is what he was saying?

I think not keeping Vincent has ended up biting us in the arse. Also not drafting any real depth the last two years (and then letting our depth walk) has come back to haunt us. I like Swartz and all but he is decent to horrible at RT and would be better suited at G.

The most surprising thing on this entire season has been how bad at times Gross has looked.

When we destroyed the vikings and giants we were missing Gross and Otah is what he was saying?

I think not keeping Vincent has ended up biting us in the arse. Also not drafting any real depth the last two years (and then letting our depth walk) has come back to haunt us. I like Swartz and all but he is decent to horrible at RT and would be better suited at G.

The most surprising thing on this entire season has been how bad at times Gross has looked.

:iagree:

Archived