• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson is the Coward

raleigh-panther

I think JR truly believes that if things stay the way they are, the League can't stay healthy. He's already upset that the haves subsidize the have nots. He wants a situation where an owner in Jacksonville or Buffalo can make a profit without having to delve into the owner in Charlotte's pockets.

I think JR truly believes that if things stay the way they are, the League can't stay healthy. He's already upset that the haves subsidize the have nots. He wants a situation where an owner in Jacksonville or Buffalo can make a profit without having to delve into the owner in Charlotte's pockets.

Only way that can happen is.if they move to la.

Jeery "Shinn" Richardson has already locked his wallet preparing for a lockout. He will still get TV money if there is no season next year so he doesn't care about the fans. The only way to properly display our displeasure is to start wearing bags over our heads at the games and to BOO loudly at every chance. Perhaps the public embarrasment of having his fans shown on ESPN with bagged heads will get him to sell the team.

Nah.

Jerry has always been reasonable with the purse strings. Not throw money at it but reasonable.

Once the CBA is sorted he will spend a few bucks

Only way that can happen is.if they move to la.

Actually the Panthers are in the top 10-15 teams in revenue. So Jerry has to send a check to other owners every year. Their was owners just fielding bare salary teams and keeping revenue down because of the profit sharing. Richardson has always been close to the top of the league in team salaries until this season. What he is doing this year is smart business and good for the team in the long run. After the lockout whether it happens or not. The Panthers will be prime players in Free Agency and I do believe he will open the wallet again. Does it suck this year most defiantly but it is only one year of many for the Panthers. I just hope we dont screw up our young guys because of it.

Jerry Richardson benefits as much as everyone from parity in the NFL.

The Panthers aren't exactly the 'Cowboys' 'Redskins' or 'Giants' in the revenue area.

He is a small market owner, period.

He is the head of the company Richardson and he has a NFL team because people like me and others ponied up money at the beginning and continue to do it because we happen to love football.

I don't ask for or expect a winner every year; but, I do expect a pro football team to get more than one first down in a row and god forbid at least two touchdowns in more than one game.

What was on the field today, isn't close to football. I don't know what it is other than an absolutely pitiable debacle.

As prideful as he supposedly is, it most just be wonderful for him to be head of a NFL Laughing stock.

I know it's wonderful me to pay to see it.

Actually the Panthers are in the top 10-15 teams in revenue. So Jerry has to send a check to other owners every year. Their was owners just fielding bare salary teams and keeping revenue down because of the profit sharing. Richardson has always been close to the top of the league in team salaries until this season. What he is doing this year is smart business and good for the team in the long run. After the lockout whether it happens or not. The Panthers will be prime players in Free Agency and I do believe he will open the wallet again. Does it suck this year most defiantly but it is only one year of many for the Panthers. I just hope we dont screw up our young guys because of it.

The big risk he takes is that he can turn away top coaching talent if he starts getting a penny pinching reputation. A lot of our future coaching options know damn well Fox's is fielding what essentially amounts to a college team this year. He's going to have to convince those people he's not going to let that happen to them if they coach here.

Yep. And what people who are directing their anger at him don't get is that he is doing this for the long term good of the franchise, something he realistically might not live to see through.

I saw him at the New Orleans game, a few feet away from me.

I cheered him, waved at him, he waved back at me.

I was caught up in the moment of the game, and didn't think about any of his ownership decisions over the past year.

I simply thought " Wow. This is the first time I've seen the Big Cat."

If I could go back, and do it again, I'd throw my overpriced drink in his face.

The big risk he takes is that he can turn away top coaching talent if he starts getting a penny pinching reputation. A lot of our future coaching options know damn well Fox's is fielding what essentially amounts to a college team this year. He's going to have to convince those people he's not going to let that happen to them if they coach here.

Doesn't matter. We are going to find the next John Fox not the next Cowher.

I think it would go a long way if he would say something. Especially to the PSL owners, who have to foot the bill during the good times and bad times.

Well he cant just come out and say that can he. But Meat is right he is helping the franchise in the long run. You know he wants that Superbowl trophy more than anything you think he would purposely destroy his own team. They thought they had a good chance to field a decent team this year and get the young guys experience for after the lockout. But as it is that wont happen. Still good experience for the youngsters except Clausen. Which I hink hurts more than anything.

But like I said wait til the lockout is over and see if he doesnt try to field the best team in the league. We are not as bad as we look. just cant do nothing to fix it this year. But we will pick up a Veteran QB, WR and Defensive lineman after the lockout. I can almost guarantee that.

Well he cant just come out and say that can he. But Meat is right he is helping the franchise in the long run. You know he wants that Superbowl trophy more than anything you think he would purposely destroy his own team. They thought they had a good chance to field a decent team this year and get the young guys experience for after the lockout. But as it is that wont happen. Still good experience for the youngsters except Clausen. Which I hink hurts more than anything.

But like I said wait til the lockout is over and see if he doesnt try to field the best team in the league. We are not as bad as we look. just cant do nothing to fix it this year. But we will pick up a Veteran QB, WR and Defensive lineman after the lockout. I can almost guarantee that.

I'm not asking for an excuse or an apology. I just want an explanation from the leader of the company I put my hard earned cash into. I can't speak on if his tightening of the wallet is good or bad for the future, because I can't see that far in the future. All I can see is now, and now isn't good. He may come out smelling like a rose after all this mess is done, or he could have singlehandedly set this franchise back multiple years.

Jerry is adding bricks to a wall between himself and the fans (the very people that made it possible for his dream to come a reality), and that wall is getting a little too high.

IMO of course

Archived