• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Be excellent to each other and party on dudes

The Pieyed Piper

Bill and Ted 3 confirmed

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/09/23/most-excellent-exclusive-alex-winter-confirms-bill-ted-3-is-on-the-way/

When we spoke with Keanu Reeves at the Toronto International Film Festival last week, we learned a couple of things: one, Reeves does a killer Werner Herzog impression, and two, there's another "Bill & Ted" movie in the works!

Lest you think that Reeves was pulling our leg, we turned to the other half of the righteous duo, Alex Winter, for further confirmation. According to the actor and director, "Bill & Ted 3" is absolutely in development.

One of the biggest obstacles facing the project, according to Winter, is figuring out how to deal with the absence of the late George Carlin, who famously played the time-traveling Rufus.

"We're working our way through it right now," said Winter. "It's really complicated. He was such a big part of the spirit of the originals, and we've been trying to be clever about making a new one that can handle the Carlin issue. It's actually stopped us in the past — why do it without Rufus? We've been delicate about moving around him."

Thankfully, the thought of recasting Rufus has never even crossed Winter's mind.

"That would be horrible," he said. "That's the thing about the movies — they're personality-based. It's Reeves' personality when he's doing comedy, it's my personality and it was George's personality. It doesn't really work when you're pretending that other people are those people, because there's just not that much there [otherwise]. No, we're definitely not going to recast Rufus."

:party::party::party::party:

My Mom was down visiting me MANY years ago. She was around 60 at the time.

Anyway, there wasn't much on TV so she suggested we rent a movie. (This was back when you went to Blockbuster and actually rented movies.) We picked out 3 of them, one being the original Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure. I figured that I would watch it after she turned in.

We watched the first one , which was OK. (Don't remember what it was.) She wanted to see the Bill & Ted movie. I put it in the VCR (Remember those?) . I never saw my Mom laugh so hard! She actually spit coffee out her nose. Socrates! (so-crates).

"Part on Dudes!"

Archived