• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt: Strong possibility Trgovac stays in place

Mr. Scot

It all starts and stops with Fox. Turdo is a complete disaster. He can't figure out how to cover his nose when he sneezes. Davidson, also doesnt impress me. Sure the running game was very good the last half of the season but the passing game was horrible. Maybe thats due to Jake being unable to read defenses, but you never saw any Panthers running free in the passing game. Forget passing on 3rd and long...the best 3rd and long play was a run. If it wasnt for Smitty catching some balls in double/triple coverage, the passing game would have been pitiful.

Davidson, also doesnt impress me. Sure the running game was very good the last half of the season but the passing game was horrible. Maybe thats due to Jake being unable to read defenses, but you never saw any Panthers running free in the passing game. Forget passing on 3rd and long...the best 3rd and long play was a run. If it wasnt for Smitty catching some balls in double/triple coverage, the passing game would have been pitiful.

Hence McCoy (passing/QB coach) = Gone, Sherer = Here.

The funny part is, all the Trgovac haters use Jack Del Rio as their example of what a DC should be. So if Trgo is such a doofus, why would the great Del Rio want to hire him?

Is it possible that he's a good football coach?

definition if insanity is what? doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, right?

trgo might be a good coach. henning might have been a good coach. all of them could be good coaches. but if they keep doing the same thing over and over, year after year, and nothing improves something is wrong. remember siefert was considered superbowl winning genius before he got here and then *fizzle*. some DC from the giants shows up and takes us to the superbowl.

sometimes it is just the mixture of players and coaches that determines success. it could very well be a situational thing. what fox did may have worked back then but something changed.

i don't think trgo is going to change the direction of the defense around. he was a huge part of the reason it turned soft in the first place. we may have been able to use a zone defense effectively in the past but we have a whole new team now. it might not be the best fit for the players we have. for whatever reason it isn't working and trgo isn't going to be the one to make it work. that is fox's fault if trgo is still here.

if trgo stays this year and our defense is still piss poor, then both fox and trgo must go because fox has shown that he can't make changes to get the team back on track. trgo is the DC but it is ultimately fox's responsibility.

With Dan Henning's success in Miami this past season I'm less and less convinced that the problem is at the coordinator level.

just sayin...

Henning has alot of success with the Panthers till his last two seasons with us. He is still running the ball with the Draw and not using TE's. Sometimes people just need a break from the game.

The problem is becoming more and more clear, and it isn't our coordinators.

Like stated, Trgo doesn't do anything Fox doesn't want. For all we know we could have a great DC, but Fox is holding him back like he did with Henning.

Bad drafting by Fox and Hurney hurts too.

The problem is becoming more and more clear, and it isn't our coordinators.

Like stated, Trgo doesn't do anything Fox doesn't want. For all we know we could have a great DC, but Fox is holding him back like he did with Henning.

Bad drafting by Fox and Hurney hurts too.

Totally lost me with the last part. The best thing we have been doing over the past couple years is drafting. In just the past two years we have drafted Beason, Stewart, Otah, Godfrey, Rosario, Kalil, Robinson, and Charles Johnson. How many other teams can say they have gotten THAT many solid to very good contributors in two years in the draft? 4-5 starters and 3 rotational guys. Our problem is putting them our team in position to make plays more often, more so on defense.

Totally lost me with the last part. The best thing we have been doing over the past couple years is drafting. In just the past two years we have drafted Beason, Stewart, Otah, Godfrey, Rosario, Kalil, Robinson, and Charles Johnson. How many other teams can say they have gotten THAT many solid to very good contributors in two years in the draft? 4-5 starters and 3 rotational guys. Our problem is putting them our team in position to make plays more often, more so on defense.

As of late they have been good but their has been some years, 2005 for example, that have been horrible.

As of late they have been good but their has been some years, 2005 for example, that have been horrible.

As bad as that draft was, and it was terrible, we still managed to get Thomas Davis, Geoff Hangartner, and Adam Seward. We also selected Jovan Haye, but I guess we gave up on that kid too soon. But Don Gregory has been a blessing, thats for sure.

As bad as that draft was, and it was terrible, we still managed to get Thomas Davis, Geoff Hangartner, and Adam Seward. We also selected Jovan Haye, but I guess we gave up on that kid too soon. But Don Gregory has been a blessing, thats for sure.

That is one thing you can say about this team no matter who was doing th scouting, they have been great on their 1st round picks.

If anything, I think their FA scouting has been worse than their college scouting. Out of all the FA they have signed since 2002, how many have actually been long term solutions? Delhomme and Kemo are the only two I can think of. Diggs I guess has been okay but I'm more refering to the big name signings.

Archived